Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helping my dad build a 2020 F350 SRW lariat and we don't understand what the 10k and 11.4k GVWR options are for, anyone know?

To me it seems that you can lower the GVWR for some weird reason, I don't think this is something he wants to do but thought I'd ask the experts here vs take the word from some young kid at a stealership.

Reactions: HeavyAssault

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
It's a paper reduction that changes how a vehicle is registered in some states. Some charge more for the higher GVWR. Probably helps landscaping companies avoid having to have drivers with a CDL also. I cannot speak for the 2020, but in years past it was only a sticker change. Same truck.

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the way I understood it. I think the "out of the box" F350 SRW 4x4 has a GVWR of 11,500. You then can lower that to 10,000 if you want for CDL license requirements in certain states.

Here the highest taxed state in the world, MN. Anything 10,001 - 12,000k GVWR you get a flat tax rate for the life of the truck ($120). Anything 10,000 and below its based on MSRP. So a $100,000k truck would cost around $1,200 in tabs the first year and depreciate from there. The Y class flat rate does depreciate from $120 to $115 after like 5 years and after 9 or 10 years it goes down to $90.

I think I'll have him stick with the 11,500 GVWR just for that reason.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts