Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So im going to install my guages this weekend and had a few questions before I start. -They are Glow Shift

First where is the best place to tap into the ignition wire? and i assume its ok to tap in with all 3 guages to the same spot?

On the EGT sensor, I have heard there are some spots better than others to place it. so where is the best spot?

On the trans temp, it states the following:

Below is 2 common types of sender unit installations:
Replacing stock Sensors
The first is to remove the stock sending unit for the warning light on your dash, most cars this sensor is not connected to your PCM and removing it will not affect anything. Confirm this with your dealership or owners manual before removing the sensor. If everything is ok then you can install the sender that came with the guage. You can also install a T-fitting that you can purchase from us or a local hardware storein order to hook up both factory and aftermarket senders.
So which is best? does any body use both cause i would still like the dummy light to work if possible.

I was under the impression I had to tap into the trans pan for this? I take it just swap the old one for the new one then and it is ont he tranny already?

Thanks guys, just want to be sure before I do it so I dont screw anything up.

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thx guys

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
is there atrick to makign the pod fit tight? it doenst have any clips and i can see in it from thru the windshield. maybe mine is diff than the one in the dieselmanor pics?

edit: never mind, i see it mounts to the old factory pillar....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts