Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 F250 CC lariat. The other day I was on the road for about 12 hrs in 100 degree temps when the a/c and blower died. traced it down to a blown fuse 28. (blower resistor) So several fuses later, i went ahead and replaced the blower resistor and later the blower motor itself. It seems to work fine in the early mornings when it is cooler (75-85) and i drive about 25 mins to work. I get off in the hot afternoon and the fuse pops within 5 minutes. Also after replacing the blower motor, when switched to Max AC on start up, the fan will blow thru the defrost for 30 seconds or so then switch to vents. But it operates normally on regular AC or any other setting. Im not thinking a vacuum leak since everything else is fine.

If anyone has any ideas or even some diagrams f what circuits run off of fuse #28 on an 02, tanks in advance.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
#28 where?
In my 2000 manual, #28 under dash is a 10A that holds Brake Shift Interlock, DRL Relay Coil, Speed Control Module, Backup Lamps, Trailer Tow Backup Lamp Relay Coil, Electronic Shift On The Fly Hub Lock Solenoid, Vacuum Pump Motor.
#28 under hood is a 30A holding the Trailer Tow Electronic Brake Controller. Guessing it's the under dash one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's 28 under the dash. I'm assuming they changed the numbers or boxes possibly in 02. Because in searching, a lot of posts are about the circuits you're naming.

Mine is listed in the book as 28 eact/ blower motor resistor. Mine has the normal old 3 nob controls.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did you ever come up with a fix on this issue? I am having the exact same problems as you. I replaced the blower motor and resistor and plug for the resistor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts