Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i braught in my truck to the dealership for the recal, plus because one of the rear calipers was sticking, they did the warenty work, and also replaiced the caliper uner warenty. s0 i picked it up last night drove it home and when i got in it this morning it would not start. i can turn the key everything works, but the truck does nothing when you turn the key,i hooked up my sct to read the codes, and i got 2

p242d and p1000 does anybody have any ideas on this?, and does anybody know what these codes mean:dunno:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Was your truck returned to stock before you brought it to the dealership? Because if it was tuned and they tried to reflash it there could be some problems.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YES IT WAS RETURNED TO STOCK,THE TRUCK ONLY HAS 6,000 MILES ON IT
I WAS GOING TO PUT ON MY DPF DELETE TODAY, BUT I DONT WANT TO MESS WITH THAT WITH THIS PROBLEM, I TRIED LOADING BACK IN THE SCT TUNE TO SEE IF THAT WOULD FIX IT, BUT NO GO, JUST A LITTLE BIT AGO IT ACTUALLY STARTED BUT ONLY AFTER I LET IT SIT A LITTLE WHILE, AND THEN RE CLEARED THE CODES

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Glad you got it started. The re-flash seemed to have also messed up your keyboard. It's writing all caps now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry about the caps, i type everything at work in caps, so it is just a bad habbit

about the truck, for some reason i decided to check the batteries, they were both only at about half charge, don't ask me why, so i put the charger on them , and in a matter of about a half hour, truck started right up., so i decided to do my cat/dpf deleate, into mbrp dules, man the truck sounds like a jet now, and yes i have the sct extreme with the dpf regen delete file

·
Registered
387 Posts
Glad to hear everything is seems to be workin now. Have fun with the new Jet.:thumb:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
The dealer will replace those batteries on the house if they go down again...will not matter if you have the DPF off or not...deleting the DPF will not void the warrenty on the damn battery...I would take it in and have them checked and replaced before you are left on the side of the road.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Spell check can be a cool thing to use from time to time as well.

Glad you got it started.
Come on.......go get your Captain crunch secret decoder ring out:rofl:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
3 mis-spelled words....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Simple fix. With DTC P242D your truck will only start once, you need to check the connection or replace the rear DPF sensor. I bet if you cleared the code with the SCT the truck will start only once. Try it...

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Simple fix. With DTC P242D your truck will only start once, you need to check the connection or replace the rear DPF sensor. I bet if you cleared the code with the SCT the truck will start only once. Try it...
I think your right...I bet the sensor at the rear is not plugged in...I did this same thing on my truck when I first installed the DPF delete...it started one time...then not again.

Then I remembered the sensor, plugged it in, and cleared the code...everything was fine. I even started a thread here about it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow, a couple of misspelled words, i was in a hurry and it was late, the sensor thing could have been it, because i did not have the sensor plugged in, because i needed it to find what size nut i needed to weld on my dpf delete pipe. i just copied the one they sell for 300 plus dollars, bought a piece of 304 stainless tubing and built it myself for the low cost of 100 dollars, the tubing was expensive, because it was 4" 304 wit 1/8" wall, but not that bad considering it costed me a lot less than buying one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts