Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I staarted the truck this morning and it started a little hard drove to the gas station picked up coffee and whent to start the truck and it just cranks. I thought i might be out of fuel dic said 44 miles to E:doh:. so i call a towing company to deliver diesel because this station only sells gas. We put in 6 gallons of fuel and the truck still just cranks ckecked the fuel bowl and there was fuel the filter looked pretty dark. would a fuel filter cause a no start?:doh:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Oh yes biggest culprit out there. Fuel Filters. Well maybe the second, the first being no diesel. You are out of diesel when the gauge reads 1/4 of a tank. LOL

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been puting it off for a little while i just didn't realize how fast it could go from running great to not starting.:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:
thats what i get for putting of proper maitnence.:dunno:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yes biggest culprit out there. Fuel Filters. Well maybe the second, the first being no diesel. You are out of diesel when the gauge reads 1/4 of a tank. LOL
thanks for the fast response :thumb:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
14,493 Posts
I was just wondering if maybe it could have been the CPS, but you are newer.

·
Registered
89 Posts
mine still won't start. filled up yesterday drove home 11.8 miles parked in the driveway last night (small slope) and it cranks but won't start. new fuel filters 1,000 miles ago and i checked the primary under the hood and it is full of fuel. its sounds like it is not getting fuel? any help?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i changed fuel filters and i have fuel in the bowl but it wont fire..HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bump bump

Anyone i use this truck for work i cant afford a nother day down and ford cant get me in till tuesday.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bump bump bump

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
not sure oafydude but heres a bump for ya

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have access to a OBD scanner, sounds like a CPS sensor to me. Had the same problem with mine about 2 months ago, cut off and had to have it towed home, wrecker set it down and it fired up. Then got to the point it wouldn't do anything but turn over. Replaced the CPS and haven't had anymore problems. That is also covered under warranty through a recall on either 1996 or 1997-2002, I think. Your local ford dealership can run your VIN to determine if it is covered.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
1 - 16 of 16 Posts