Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First 96 Ford F250 7.3 powerstroke... I bought the truck the Edge Evo chip on it, already tuned up to extreme. I just tried to set the truck back to stock to take the chip out. Right when the chip finished going back to stock it started clicking under the hood and the "wait to start" is staying on. It cranks as long as you want... but no fire. If I try to plug the chip back in there is a connection error. This is my DD HELP!! Thank you

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Disconnect the batteries for 5 minutes. Then hook them back up and try to fire the truck up. If that does not work, I am sorry to say but it sounds like the pcm is done for.

·
Registered
26 Posts
your battery power may have gone too low and interrupted the programming. I would put a battery charger on it while programming. Just remember when you turn the key on, the initial draw will be very high due to glow plugs. Retry the Evo with the charger hooked up. If you can't recover this way, there may still be a way to recover the PCM using blank path programming, which requires a Ford scan tool and someone who knows how to use it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts