Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been doing a lot of reading on this great site. Im looking to buy a 2011 or 2012 crew cab lariat. I see people getting amazing deals up to 10k off sticker. How are you doing this?? The dealers I have gone to are telling me that invoice is only about 3k under the sticker price. Even if you factor in rebates i cannot get that kind of deal here in NJ.

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you can't do the deal in NJ, its time to travel. I bought my truck Aug 4 and I paid invoice minus rebates. Pretty standard deal if you ask me.

I live in Ohio. I could put you touch with the guy I bought my truck from if you want to travel, but my guess is you can get a dealer to bite closer to you. Send emails to every dealer within 250 miles of your house with the truck you want on their lot. Give them your offer. Someone wants to sell their truck. 3k under msrp was a good deal back in March of 2010, but not today.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good idea. I will have to start emailing dealers with what I think a leftover is worth. Now I just have to figure out what that number is.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I used edmunds. You can equip a truck and a ballpark invoice price from them. You can also just offer the dealership invoice minus rebates.

My truck sticker was 56,790 and I think Invoice was right around 51,800 or so.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Were you able to actually get it for that price plus any rebates?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yep. I paid Invoice minus all of the rebates on the truck. Rebates change month to month, but my offer was invoice minus rebates and it worked out.

·
Registered
330 Posts
If that doesn't work, I do know that Vernon Ford down in Texas does these types of deals all of the time with their trucks on ebay. I bet you could go to their site, buy a truck, and have it shipped to your door pretty easily.

I'm willing to travel to get the bottom line I want.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello from Afghanistan.

I believe Louisiana is also giving 10k off - I don't think you'd want to drive THAT far.

I would call all the dealers in the area and see what they're doing as far as specials and rebates go; also the Holidays are soon, dealers will drop prices.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here's the deal I got on my 2011 F350 I'm picking up tomorrow.

MSRP $63,000
Dealer Selling for $57,850
Invoice Price $57,350

So I'm paying $500 over invoice, but my family has bought a lot of vehicles from this dealer and they had to do a dealer trade from Indiana to get the truck I wanted. I think the dealer's hassle free deal is worth $500 bucks.

Current rebates I'm getting are:

$2,500 Retail Customer Cash
$1,000 Promotion Retail Bonus Customer Cash
$1,000 Retail Trade In Assistance Bonus Customer Cash
$750 Private Customer Cash for requesting a brochure on ford.com

For a grand total of $5,250 in rebates.

I could have got an additional $1,000 rebate if I financed with ford credit, but my bank gave me a better rate.

I'm walking out the door paying $52,600 for the truck, $10,400 off MSRP. So, it is definitely possible to get over $10,000 off MSRP. I could have gotten close to $11,000 off if I had haggled down to invoice price. Just do the research and make sure you get all the rebates available. Do your self a favor and request a super duty brochure on ford.com, it could get you $750.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just signed up on ford.com to get the 750 rebate. also, checking dealer stock everywhere I can to find what I want. Figured I would get the best deal by buying off the lot. Just wondering if getting an F350 is necessary. I only need an F250 but with a diesel and a plow I dont want to have to put in heavier springs up front. Springs could be close to the frice of the upgrade to the 350. :dunno: By the way thanks everyone for all your help!:thumb:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sticker: $60,400
X-plan: -5,950
rebates: -4500
selling price: $49,950

The X-Plan pricing is a substantial savings if you qualify for it. The amount of savings will vary on each vehicle, but from what I have seen it usually knocks off almost 10%.

If I remember correctly there was not much difference in price between the F250 and F350. If there is any doubt that you need a bigger truck, I would go with the F350 while it is still an option. Yes it will ride a little rougher but it beats not having enough truck to do what you are needing it to do. Happy Shopping!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sticker: $60,400
X-plan: -5,950
rebates: -4500
selling price: $49,950

The X-Plan pricing is a substantial savings if you qualify for it. The amount of savings will vary on each vehicle, but from what I have seen it usually knocks off almost 10%.

If I remember correctly there was not much difference in price between the F250 and F350. If there is any doubt that you need a bigger truck, I would go with the F350 while it is still an option. Yes it will ride a little rougher but it beats not having enough truck to do what you are needing it to do. Happy Shopping!!!
What do you have to do to qualify for X plan pricing? Is it better than getting it at invoice? I also found out that there is some discount if you are a AAA member.

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
Not sure what your are looking for...color, options etc, but I posted this on a thread. Bought my truck here and it might be worth a plane ticket and a fun ride back home.

jarrettscottford.com 2011 F350

with the discount and 750 ford brochure rebate you would be at 13,000 off the sticker. Thats hard to beat. Just throowing it out there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just signed up on ford.com to get the 750 rebate. also, checking dealer stock everywhere I can to find what I want. Figured I would get the best deal by buying off the lot. Just wondering if getting an F350 is necessary. I only need an F250 but with a diesel and a plow I dont want to have to put in heavier springs up front. Springs could be close to the frice of the upgrade to the 350. :dunno: By the way thanks everyone for all your help!:thumb:
Hey man. Check out Performance Ford in Randolph, NJ. I did an online search for 2011's and they gave me a $1000 rebate for doing so. They had a bunch on the lot last time I was there(oil change) and were pretty eager to negotiate.

Andy

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again everyone for your help! I went to the dealer that had the truck i wanted in stock today. I told them I wanted the truck for invoice price or less. After a discussion the dealer agreed. It was a few dollars less than the X plan price. I was also able to get $6250 in rebates, but only if I took the high financing. If I use my own financing I would lose $1000. So total savings would be about $10500. I just have to tie up some loose ends then pull the trigger:woot:

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
Thanks again everyone for your help! I went to the dealer that had the truck i wanted in stock today. I told them I wanted the truck for invoice price or less. After a discussion the dealer agreed. It was a few dollars less than the X plan price. I was also able to get $6250 in rebates, but only if I took the high financing. If I use my own financing I would lose $1000. So total savings would be about $10500. I just have to tie up some loose ends then pull the trigger:woot:
I bought my truck mid August and refinanced it today before I made my first payment to ford credit. My finance papers said it was a simple loan that could be paid off anytime. I took the extra grand to finance with ford. I asked the finance guy about how long I had to stay with ford, he just shrugged his shoulders and went on to something else. They didn't add any money to my payoff when the bank called.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I ordered my truck in. Sticker was 56K, I paid 52,500 plus sales tax and licensing, 56K out the door.

Rebates, $1500 ford rebate and $1000 Rebate for financing it through Ford Motor Credit.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just picked up my new ride today! 2011 f350 crew cab short bed.
Msrp 59780
Discount 54706 (invoice) few dollars less than X plan price
Rebates 5250
Savings = 10324 lost an additional 1000 for not using Ford credit
Thanks everyone for helping. :thumb: Also managed to get 1.9% Now I just have to figure out how to post pictures.:woot:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hello from Afghanistan.

I believe Louisiana is also giving 10k off - I don't think you'd want to drive THAT far.

I would call all the dealers in the area and see what they're doing as far as specials and rebates go; also the Holidays are soon, dealers will drop prices.
Robinson Brothers Ford in Baton Rouge gives $10,000 off sticker.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts