Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a longtime reader but finally made an account because nobody can answer my question. I recently bought a 2012 6.7 with 74k miles. Bought it from the ford dealer. Truck runs great and in very good shape but i decided to service it myself for peace of mind. Air filter was dirty as hell coolant was gross and inside both my fuel filters was this white chunky/ sticky stuff and definitely enought to make me worry. Anybody ever seen this? Ford said they did a full service but obviously not and im livid. Truck is still under warranty.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
Well I would not do any more driving. I'd drop the tank ASAP, clean it out, and hope for the best that it's not in the lines.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Take the bowl inside and let it warm up. If it goes away then it was gelled fuel.
Edit- if there is a warranty then take those photos to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Keep in mind full service is a catchy phrase that seems to work, but it’s also very ambiguous. Kind of like a 112 point inspection where 4 of the items are checking tire pressures. Or the massage parlor that sells full service, but they don’t polish my knob. It also may not be an oversight of the dealer, or as shocking as it may sound....the salesperson wasn’t completely honest.
If something on your paperwork doesn’t specifically state x service was performed, then it probably wasn’t.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I can understand that debris in the primary filter but there is no way it would be in the second filter unless the primary filter had severely failed. I am wondering if gel also. If it doesn't dissolve with room temperature definitely keep the debris to show to the dealer and have a visit.

Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the dealer apoligised and offered a full service from the axles up free of charge. Im just still puzzled as to what it is inside there. I live in nor cal its been 70 degrees lately so definitely not gelled fuel. Drove the truck to work today and all was normal gonna pull the new filters and replace them again just out of curiosity and will post results.

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
Can’t remember the details but someone here with a 6.7l was combining two diesel fuel additives and got odd junk in the filter. He stopped mixing the two additives and it went away.

Could be something similar from previous owners “special blend” etc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts