Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ford 250 7.3
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I’m new here but I had a question I have a E99 7.3 f250 auto 240k miles truck was shifting fine even at wot then today I installed a hydra chip and now truck going to 3k rpm stays there at wot and rolls a lot of coal and even when I unplugged chip or ran a factory tune it does it no wired sounds does shift a little harder any ideas tranny was good before just reverse wasn’t the best but not bad any ideas I’m stumped at half throttle or anything truck shifts perfect no problems it’s just at wot it doesn’t seem to go as fast as it should if I’m going 50mph and floor it it’ll go 50 still but roll a lot of coal any ideas?

Did wash the engine bay the same day aswell but covered the fuses and the alternator truck starts and runs fine

·
Registered
1999 ford 250 7.3
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey I have a e99 f250 7.3 auto 243k miles got the truck a few months ago and changed icp fuel bowl heater diff fluid and put a hydro chip on it with a 4in exhaust
The problem I’m having is when shifting into any gear my rps rise then fall too much making the truck bog it doesn’t kill it but it acts like it wants to and has killed it before I can watch my idle shoot up then drop below normal any ideas would be greatly appreciated it shifts perfect in drive and once it’s in reverse shifts perfect then to I did notice it was about a half a qt low due to a leaking turbo pedistal but that’s on the way any ideas thank you all very much

Was thinking torque converter?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.