Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
I’m having the same type of issue. Truck starts up in the morning fine and dandy but by the time I get to work the truck starts surging when I sit still in gear and out of gear. I was going to swap my icp for one from an 04 to see if this corrects the problem but I’m still in the research stage because I want to troubleshoot the issue first.
This weekend after getting sporty on the beach rescuing a quad and almost getting stuck myself I was bouncing around and a few wot’s I acquired another issue with my first crank no start and now my boost maxes out at 20 and I believe I have seen as high as 40 before this but I may be mistaken. I will swap my icp and update

Btw where did you get that icp from? The one I have came of a 200xxx plus mile truck that seized supposedly. It was free so that’s why I took it. I’ll be watching this thread

·
Registered
150 Posts
I forgot to mention the idle issue. Was going back and forth 100 rpm causing a surging and now I have what sounds like misses but diesels don’t miss so I have no idea yet. Hopefully we have the same issue. Icp looks good on the Scanguage though. Always above 500 on the start

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
****FIXED IT****

Well, I think I fixed the problem. It was either in the butt joint splices where I had connected the aftermarket ICP pigtail connector last year, or the internal terminals of the connector itself.

I got my new Motorcraft ICP pigtail connector in Friday. I cut the old aftermarket connector off, and soldered on the new Motorcraft connector, and then heat shrinked the solder joints.

Over the weekend I put about 500 miles on the truck with the new pigtail ICP connector. The truck ran great, I didn't have a single issue.

Just another example of why it's better to spend the extra money up front on these trucks and buy the genuine Motrocraft part vs. the cheap aftermarket stuff.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Installed a new icp and a turbo last week. Now I’m showing 7 codes after putting the truck back together.
I also noticed under full throttle my ipr goes up to 84.5 and I don’t remember it getting that high. Icp over 500 at idle and maxes out at 3000 I believe

Gotta love working on these trucks

21 - 24 of 24 Posts