Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Help Quick

1K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  smitty16s 
#1 ·
Need some help quick was letting my truck warm up today and it started rolling itself outta the drveway, i have a manual and my brake wont hold unless its all the way to the floor, can you put it in reverse and keep pressing the brake to reset it? or will I need to do a brake job on her? I need to get this done because I might not be able to catch her next time?

#2 ·
Not sure, heres a bump for ya though. Ive noticed that like none of these trucks have a working ebrake. I managed to get one that works albeit one side.

#3 ·
thanks for the bump, heres another

#4 ·
bump again

#5 ·
any help please

#6 ·
not sure if this will help or not but....i just picked up a 99 f-250. my ebrake wasn't working. i crawled under the rear and adjusted the parking brakes. if ya look on the inside of the back of your wheel/drum....you'll see and oval shaped rubber plug (provided the plug is still there!) anyway...remove the plug and inside there will be a 'star' nut thingy lol grap yourself a flat head screwdriver and tighten that nut. repeat for opposite side. my parking brake is working just peachy now...
hope this helps!

#7 ·
yea it does help ill go out there now and check it out

#9 ·
should the plug be on top bottom or side?

#11 ·
cool thanks.

#13 ·
cool thanks

#14 ·
do exactly did you tighten that thing? I couldnt find a way for the life of me to tighten that thing.

#15 ·
the nut in there is "star" shaped....i used a flathead screwdriver. got to stick the screwdriver head into the 'v' and spin it that way. won't take many turns to tighten....

when you look into the oval opening....you're looking at the side of the 'star' shaped nut....

help any? don't know how else to explain it????

:dunno:

#16 ·
Tomorrow when I get a skinnier screwdriver I'll try again.

#18 ·
not sure, but i think there is a special wrench that fits that star shaped thingy. i think auto zone has them in their loan a tool program.

#19 ·
when you sipn the tire do you spin it clockwise from inside the tire or outside the tire?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.