Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my brother has a 99 f350 auto and the gas pedal, oil pressure, boost, pyrometer, speedometer,tachometer basicly the entire dash has stop working but the truck still runs sounds to me like it idles fine. he said all this happend while he was driving down the road. he said it acted like the truck was running out of fuel then went to an idle and all the gauges stop working.

the last time this happened was i believe in september of 2007 the overdrive button was hanging off of the shifter for about a month but we tape it up when it first fell off. well my brother walked out to his truck one morning to warm it up so he could leave to go to school and it started up fine but when he went to move nothing worked so we took it in to ford and they said the brooken shifter was what caused the problem but this time the little cap on the end of the shifter fell off. the cap fell off back in february. does any body know what is going on?

·
Registered
601 Posts
if i remeber right there is a fuse that controls all those things you mentioned....but im not sure

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
Check all fuses, I believe it is fuse #30 that controlls the dash functions but I may be wrong so check all of them. Use a meter as you can't always tell by eye.
Are you saying the cap fell off the shifter again? I don't understand if this is what you are saying or not. If so it sounds like something may have shorted inside the shifter and blew the fuse. If Fod fixed it last time take it back and make them fix it. Most parts come with a 12 month warranty.
NCH

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
yes, there is a fuse for that switch. Can't remember which one it is though. Mine wasn't the switch itself it was the wires inside the shift shift lever. They will rub on the shifter and eventually short out. Mine would run though I just couldn't do anything but idle. That was a long drive home

1 - 4 of 4 Posts