Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my truck is an 05 super cab short bed, 30 gal tank, i get about 330 miles to a full tank. i brought it to my local dealer, they said my computer was out dated so they rebooted it. i have not seen a notice in my fuel economy. long story short i just am curiouse what you other 6.0 guys are getting to a full tank, and if you have any pointers on why my truck drinks fuel. i also do not blow black smoke no matter what. and i see all these pics of 6.0s blowing it. thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
i've got an 05 CC SB 4x4 / 29ga tank and get between 500-600 miles per tank.

its about 50/50 hwy/cty and i dont drive it like a grandpa either.

no clue on your problem though, sorry.

·
Registered
804 Posts
what mods do u have? 50/50??!?!

i want 50/50
but i have a 7.3 lol

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
I get close to 14+- no matter what I do, I thought these mods would help. Same as when it was stock. I cannot figure how these guys are getting above the 15 mpg mark. I do carry around 1000 lbs all the time and drive like granny or little brother and get the same.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
my truck is an 05 super cab short bed, 30 gal tank, i get about 330 miles to a full tank. i brought it to my local dealer, they said my computer was out dated so they rebooted it. i have not seen a notice in my fuel economy. long story short i just am curiouse what you other 6.0 guys are getting to a full tank, and if you have any pointers on why my truck drinks fuel. i also do not blow black smoke no matter what. and i see all these pics of 6.0s blowing it. thanks!
miledge??:dunno:

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i drive basically city, theres one little highway near me and im on it once a week, may b for 15 miles max. mods are, 4" strait pipe, and superchips tuner. banks ram air in the mail

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 04 with the 6.0L and only get 10mpg. I do mostly city driving, not sure the gear ratio, but I have 35" tires. I finally installed a turbo back exhaust over the weekend, and gain 1mpg.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
4" turbo back, no kitty and 35x12.50 A/T's and at 55 mph I can squeeze 23mpg's on flat hwy. 15 city driving very easy. 17 hwy doing 75 w/AC.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so if you guys are getting 15 mpg, how many miles to the tank? 350???

·
Registered
111 Posts
On the Highway empty, about 500 miles for the short box tank. As for city, around 325 in the winter, and 375 to 400 on a good day, but my city driving includes a lot of country roads as well as city style, so that's probably why it's a little high.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I get 14 all around town, up to 22 on highway but my foot looses control and generally average 19 on highway. So with 29 gallon tank, ~406 miles city, and about 600 highway

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
I usually get between 15 and 16 running around town. I can't tell you how many miles that is for a full tank because I usually refuel when I get to 3/4 of a tank (200+ miles). I can't afford a full tank all at once...lol

·
Registered
352 Posts
I usually get between 15 and 16 running around town. I can't tell you how many miles that is for a full tank because I usually refuel when I get to 3/4 of a tank (200+ miles). I can't afford a full tank all at once...lol
Same here, I usually only put in $50 of diesel at a time, it makes the pain much more tollerable.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
damn you're getting 200 mpg to 3/4s??? im lucky if i get 100.

·
Registered
12 Posts
???????

I can't understand how some guys get such good mileage I can't climb above 15mpg no matter what I have done tune ,detune,stay light on the pedal etc...
My cousin has a 01 2500 cummins with 650hp with stacks and that bastard gets 22-24 average and he keeps it to the floor. I wouldn't trade my powerstroke for the world but there has to be a way to get that mpg up there...Thanks for listening to my crying ! LOL:icon_ford:

·
Registered
68 Posts
i get 10mpg to 16mpg in city driving, i live in a big city and the 10 markis light to light racing with the budies or anyone around. but the norm is around 14 or so with typical driving. dont know on the highway never empty or slow and late to get out of town.

·
Registered
68 Posts
cheaking the honest way now but never noticed mpg difference before depending on program setting but it hits the pocket now so im watching to see wats is bestfor my truck

Reactions: Heavy_GD

·
Registered
68 Posts
damn you're getting 200 mpg to 3/4s??? im lucky if i get 100.
i can top off to the lip and get 200 miles on the first quarter or one click shut off and get like 75 it is best to be constant to get a true reading thats why i fill till its in view

1 - 20 of 25 Posts