Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so done orings and more including new gaskets and harnesses from accurate diesel.

Long start then ran fine, 20 mins later missing no power yadda yadda, my A/E software was jacked so went at it with a wing and a prayer.

Noticed moving passenger side wires to injectors right where it meets the main harness made it run better so I figured a short, put a new pigtail on that side and ran fine that day and next with quick starts then on the 3rd day ran crappy again, noticed pigtail vc connector the one that i just installed was coming apart so I put on another one but dawm wires got confused etc. so I would start it for a sec and ran like crap did that a few times switching wires around like a retard dont know what I was thinking then found a schematic or whatever now its wired right but runs like crap.

Did I fry the gasket, idm or new pigtail maybe if not wired right the first few times?

any hoo now its wired right got my A/E back up running and cleared codes.

Then let it run for a few minutes and now:

Have the following code: P1291
Buzz pass sounds a little weak on the side with the problem

So whats your toughts?

I need some guidance thinking of removing engine harness and rewiring it ohming it out and all that but I cant recall how to do it what pins and if Im going from pin to pin on the same wire or pin to batt neg etc,

Someone gimmie a walk thru please need it running by Monday got a 4000 mile trip to do.

And just in case I forgot hello guys its been a while.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind, I tested ohms yadda yadda pulled IDM connector every test for voltage & ohms passed but when I tried ohm from main "middle" wire pin 24 to right bank to idm ground wire pin 26 I got 500-600 ohms, do yourself a favor and don't buy accurate diesels gaskets or connectors I hope my IDM aint fried too.

I remember them having quality parts but this was complete junk one of the pigtails came apart now I guess the vc gasket or uvch wires are fried or some crap. Going to Ford Tuesday Morning for new gasket and UVCH wire

1 - 2 of 2 Posts