Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres the deal new fuel filter just installed i thought that was it. driving up to stop light and truck just shut off like the key was turned. started back up but stutters and has ruff idle back and forth under 1000rpm. if you keep yer foot on it at like 1800 rpm, it stays and runs great you can rev all you want great but it wont stay idel on its own. any ideas what this could be?
Thanks guys:dunno:

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Bobby where are you at? There may be a member in the area that can help you out. What year truck

·
Registered
999 Posts
:bump::bump::bump:

Matt

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
BUMPING FOR LOCATION

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
:bump:what year truck are you driving?

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
possible cps problem, very common. new one takes only minutes to install and costs $30. most likely that is the problem

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
possible cps problem, very common. new one takes only minutes to install and costs $30. most likely that is the problem
:ditto:

I agree. Sounds like a CPS problem to me.

Have you had the CPS recall done yet on your truck yet?

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
:ditto:

I agree. Sounds like a CPS problem to me.

Have you had the CPS recall done yet on your truck yet?
good call, it is a recall, you should be able to drive it to the nearest ford dealership and they will do it for free

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks

No i have not done the recall fix yet but thats also what weve all decided it could be ford is closed today so well see tomarrow. thank you all and ill keep u posted

1 - 10 of 10 Posts