Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a real PITA problem going on right now. When driving my truck I have a fairly strong and somewhat audible vibration. It only happens when I have my foot on the gas, its stronger at lower RPM's (like cruising at 1,400 RPM), and stronger in 2nd and 3rd gears.
At first I thought it was my exhaust rubbing on my frame, the exhaust was touching a bolt. I took apart my exhaust and straightened it out so that its not touching this bolt anymore, it has about 1/4" gap. While under there I found the support bracket for the drive shaft was loose. The nuts for these bolts are in a cross member where I couldn't get a wrench, so I welded this bracket on.
But it is still vibrating and getting really annoying.
Any thoughts or recommendations? :please::please:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Have you checked your carrier bearing or u-joints? Also check the donut shaped balancer ma-bobber on the driveshaft to see if it might of shifted any..

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
375 Posts
Maybe I am too juvenile but you should change the title of this topic.

Wait....on second thought, don't. :D

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For anyone with the same issue, i dropped my drive shaft and found 2 of the three u joints were failed due to an unbalanced shaft. I got the joints replaced, the shaft resleeved, and balanced. It rides like a dream now.

Sent from my Droiddddddd

·
Registered
797 Posts
Awww...no more fun rides for the misses then.lmao :D

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Yeah did you purposely post with the title you put in there, or are you really that naive?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah did you purposely post with the title you put in there, or are you really that naive?
Really dude? No, I am not that "naive", yes it was on purpose. Creative titles get views, am I right?
Were you really trying to be a dick, or did you just come across as being one?

Sent from my Droiddddddd

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Really dude? No, I am not that "naive", yes it was on purpose. Creative titles get views, am I right?
Were you really trying to be a dick, or did you just come across as being one?

Sent from my Droiddddddd
I think I was was trying to be funny. It was 3 am and I was drunk so I can't be certian. Sorry that I came off like a D-bag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts