Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys im new here. My names Ron and im from PA. Ok I am selling my 06 F150 FX4 and looking into buying another 6.0. I have heard the horror storys and we owned a early 06 F350 PSD with 130k on it and had all kinds of probs. well it was stock to. Well I am looking into another 6.0. Well help me out here. What do I need to look for when I'm buying a 6.0? I also have auction acsess so when I buy a 6.0 i cant drive it but I can hear it run. So help me out of what I need to look for when buying? Also what do I need to do to a 6oh to make her a LOOOOOOOOOONG lasting motor? I know off hand EGR Delete and oil cooler also for tunes Studs and gaskets plus a good SCT tuner. What else??
Thanks
Ron. :icon_ford:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Here is an awesome thread from a member on here about all that needs to/can be done to the 6.0 to make it bulletproof.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/ge...204386-write-up-bullet-proofing-6-0l-psd.html

As for buying a 6.0 from an auction, it will be very hard to determine how healthy the engine is without hooking up a monitor to it. When they start the trucks are they cold? If the trucks are cold listen very carefully to how it starts and idles right after start. Also watch very carefully for any smoke. When the trucks are warm the act completely different and can seem like all their problems are gone! Like Magic lol

White Smoke = Coolant (EGR or Head Issue)
Black Smoke = Fuel (Turbo Issue)
Blue Smoke = Oil (Valve Issues)

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me!

Good Luck,
-Mike

·
Registered
4,914 Posts

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts