Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Served Our Country!
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First one is right behind the change holder text to the tow brake module..

Second was plugged into a dead plug behind the axillary cig lighter

Third was plugged into a dead plug next to the cigaret lighter next to the driver..

·
Registered
341 Posts
Not sure but here is what I think.

First is the plug for the upfitter switches...I am guessing this only because of the location of the plug

Second one is the wiring for passenger side airbag disable switch. This option is only actually there (I think) on regular cab trucks.

Third one is for the power pedal button (for moving the accelerator and brake pedal)

I am nearly certain about the last two but not so sure on the first.

Hope this helps,
Steve

·
Registered
192 Posts
First one is right behind the change holder text to the tow brake module..

Second was plugged into a dead plug behind the axillary cig lighter

Third was plugged into a dead plug next to the cigaret lighter next to the driver..

i am not sure, my aux plug in quit working and pulled the dash and was curiouse my self. I was not sure if it came from the factory with the unhooked plugs or the person before me did it. sorry i cant help I am going to subcribe to the thread myself.

·
Registered
341 Posts
i am not sure, my aux plug in quit working and pulled the dash and was curiouse my self. I was not sure if it came from the factory with the unhooked plugs or the person before me did it. sorry i cant help I am going to subcribe to the thread myself.
If you can give me the wire colors in the first one I can look at the wiring diagram and probably figure out what it is. I would need to know what colors are in what positions.

Steve

·
Served Our Country!
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll get better pics of it tomorrow.

This I found out... Second wire is the air bag shut off.. Third is pedal adjustment, also located my traction control plug I didn't find the first time around so the only one is the first picture.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
first pic is the switches bud

·
Served Our Country!
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK so I got my AUX switches in the mail and not one of the plugs fit behind it. Now I do have the 4 wires on the drivers side firewall for the AUX lights but I guess I don't have the harness?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
that is really weird, if the wires are on the firewall then they should go to the harness somewhere, try following the wires back, it may be painstaking but they go somewhere :dunno:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
you sure you got the 2008-10 model year switches not the 2007s, the 07s had a different plug i think

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
OK so I got my AUX switches in the mail and not one of the plugs fit behind it. Now I do have the 4 wires on the drivers side firewall for the AUX lights but I guess I don't have the harness?
If the wire you are refering to are in the engine bay theose are NOT the upfitter wires. Those are pass threw wires. You will find them inside the truck as well, up behind the hood release along with the up fitter switch wires and all the other wires for the aftermarket upfitters.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/2008/bb_pdf/349.pdf

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...l/Q162R1.pdf&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13163312906271

·
Served Our Country!
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good call Robert your 100% correct. Guess i need to hunt down a upfitter wiring harness on ebay.

·
Registered
139 Posts
according to my book, the top connector is the audio control module, has all wire except for 5 wires. 4,5,11,12,13 are missing

1 9
2 10
3 11
4 12
5 13
6 14
7 15
8 16

up fitter plug has 8 spots with 7 wires. number 4 spot has no wire

1 5
2 6
3 7