Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i took my truck to get fuel because it was gettin low. got to the station turned the truck off got fuel (both tanks full) got back in the truck and now it wont start. just cranks, no smoke no nothing. checked the bowl it looked low but it is filling up. i just changed out the HPOP two days ago and havnt been having any problems with it and then all of a sudden this. please help me out. i have my meter and checked the fuses they are all good. :dunno: :(

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok well i cranked it till the batts. were down to 11.6v so i got pissed and did something i dont ever do, i shot it with a tiny shot of starting fluid and it started right up.... its running fine with no problems. WTH???

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well it wont start hot without starting fluid, very little sniff and it fires right up. also have a intermittent signal code from the CPS so im goin to change that and see what happens. its about time to anyways because i believe it is the original grey one anyways

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Hows the IPR?

·
Premium Member
4,448 Posts
You have a high pressure oil leak. you need to get a scanner on it when it won't start and see what your icp is reading. Then block off one head at a time and see if it increases. If you block off both heads and it's still low then you need to inspect your ipr valve. Also when you block off the left head you need to put the icp sensor on the end of the line so that it can read your pressure. 362 psi is the magic number to start. If you block off one head and it comes up then you have a leaky injector o-ring.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The IPR is new with the HPOP that i just got from joey at TE. i keep getting the code for intermittent signal from the CPS so im pickin one up in the morning. the one installed in the engine now has over 300k on it so im hoping that this is my problem. I read on other posts about people having the same problem and changed the CPS and it fixed it, somthing with the engine not turning over fast enough for the weak CPS to read. not sure but its $26 so im goin to try it.

·
Premium Member
4,448 Posts
When my ipr valve died in mine and I thought it was a high pressure oil leak I tried getting it st start on ether and it threw a cam sensor intermittent code. You need to monitor rpm, icp while cranking and see which you don't have.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok so what do i need to do to fix the IPR problem. i changed the CPS, and im glad i did, it was the old grey one that was recalled. i checked the connection at the HPOP and the only thing that looked abnormal was the ribbed O-ring on the plug was missing. do you think that would cause a connection problem causing my problem? I need to contact Joey at TE about this, due to my pump only being a week old.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok got it fixed. the IPR was stuck. Thanks for yalls help in pointing me in the right direction

·
Premium Member
4,448 Posts
If it was stuck I would replace it. My theory is if it stuck once it's gonna stick again. Mine stuck wide open and I had to trailer it home.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts