Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a 2012 f350 6.7. I know it is one of the bad turbos and I know the fuel pump is an issue but I am not sure if that applies to the 2012 or only the 2011. Because of all this I can justify some upgrades. Its not because I want a much faster truck, no no it for reliability honey, lol. I am in RI so I am concerned about the ability for the truck to pass emissions. Currently they only do safety inspections but I spoke to my shop and they said emissions is around the corner next year. I would love to do around high 600s when done. I would like to do a new turbo and a stoker pump with CAI. Who should I be looking at for a tuner I can buy online? (I'm a DIY kind of guy) I used Bama and SCT in the past on the mustang. I like the ide of an installed system similar to the way they do livewire. Now for the emissions / goals question. Can I run this with the stock exhaust? I was told they are going to start being required to send pictures of emission components. I would love to do a DPF and EGR delete to get the most out of the changes but I do not want inspection issues. If I was able to delete I was going to add a muffler (M085171) because I want it quiet unless I am romping on it.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
They didn't change the turbo or the fuel pump till '15 and that is why the 15 and 16 trucks are some what more sought after. That said you can easily make the swap out for I believe any turbo you would want up to '19. I'm not sure about '20+ swaps but it should be fairly simple mechanically.

Now the trickier part especially trying to avoid inspections. For doing the new pump and turbo you WILL need tuning to make it work correctly. The popular ones at the moment are of course the SCT (cheaper) and now many people are toting the EZ Link system (1k to 1,200). If you go SCT and you plan on deleting then you will need to find one that has older software on it and DO NOT update it.

I'm not sure what you can get out of it with emissions intact but I think high 600 is tough and expensive, if even doable. I think when you start getting that high you also start hitting the limits of the tranny but don't quote me on that exactly. If you aren't deleting I wouldn't waste money on a muffler with all the emission stuff on their these things are super quiet.

·
Premium Member
12,442 Posts
You will need to move out of RI. 600+ will require something like a KC Stage 2, tuning, intake, and delete piping. For your older truck it would mean getting a 2015-2019 HPFP as well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I agree with heavy. I have a 2012 6.7 and took it from 330hp to 650hp last time on the Dyno. It can easily be done over time but I would strongly recommend 550-600hp unless you want to build a new engine with a strong bottom end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: HeavyAssault
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.