Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BurninRubber&BlowinSmoke
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my 2006 6.0 died last week while driving down the road (about 35 mph), out of the blue it didnt buck stutter or jerk it just died. It wont start to save its life, it really really wants to even sounds like it might but it never does. While cranking sound seems to speed up. I plugged in my uncles SNAPON scanner and all I could pull was a P1000 code. :doh: Why wont it connect? Im so fed up with this truck, that it might "accidently" catch on fire. :wink[3]: I mean i love it but its giving me so much trouble. :tard:

Help me out I cant figure this thing out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had this. Turned out the EGR valve was stuck open, causing turbo underboost, and turbo was also sticking. Since you have a delete, though, I don't know. Techs...?

·
BurninRubber&BlowinSmoke
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had this. Turned out the EGR valve was stuck open, causing turbo underboost, and turbo was also sticking. Since you have a delete, though, I don't know. Techs...?
Yeah I wish I had the EGR to blame it on. :hehe:

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
High pressure oil leak? Will that sct read ICP psi?

·
BurninRubber&BlowinSmoke
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
High pressure oil leak? Will that sct read ICP psi?
Idk as far as the HPOP leak. But I've been using a SNAPON scanner to read everything on my truck and if I remember correctly the ICP was at about 400psi maybe a lil more.

have you updated the stc fitting?
The STC fitting has not been updated yet. Thats the plastic connection on the HPOP, that they upgraded in 05ish right??

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
ICP press. should be reading higher than that. I look at around 500-650psi at idle, if my memory serves me. The part is actually better on the '03-'04 trucks, in '05 it was a change that ended up in a lot of HPO leaks at the fitting.

I'd start at that fitting.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Idk as far as the HPOP leak. But I've been using a SNAPON scanner to read everything on my truck and if I remember correctly the ICP was at about 400psi maybe a lil more.

400psi is too low. It has to be at almost 600psi to idle.

The STC fitting has not been updated yet. Thats the plastic connection on the HPOP, that they upgraded in 05ish right??
The STC fitting was changed for 05, I wouldn't say it was upgraded though. There is an updated fitting for the 05+ now though.

·
BurninRubber&BlowinSmoke
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm ok I guess I should take a second look at it then. And yeah I guess "upgraded" was the wrong term. :doh::hehe: Thanks colo and razor, I'll let y'all know how things go after I check it out tomorrow. Let's hope this fixes it. :please:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Yeah my stc fitting was about ready to fall in two pieces. My mechanic said not much longer when that fell apart your truck would just die, so I bet u got a good chance that's the problem. See if that's it and let us know. Don't give up on the good ol 6.0 :thumb:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ok so my 2006 6.0 died last week while driving down the road (about 35 mph), out of the blue it didnt buck stutter or jerk it just died. It wont start to save its life, it really really wants to even sounds like it might but it never does. While cranking sound seems to speed up. I plugged in my uncles SNAPON scanner and all I could pull was a P1000 code. :doh: Why wont it connect? Im so fed up with this truck, that it might "accidently" catch on fire. :wink[3]: I mean i love it but its giving me so much trouble. :tard:

Help me out I cant figure this thing out.
BURN IT ! ! but before you do, send me those wheels ! :hehe:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts