Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold my cobra and... looking to get a 6.4. Problem is I am stuck between 2 trucks and thought an expert opinion from this forum

Both trucks are 08 f350....one lariat and one king ranch. King ranch has 41,000 mi priced at 38k and the lariat has 51,000 at 32k

Question is is a KR really worth 6k more...aside from the interior is there any difference between the two? Are these prices reasonable?

Here are the links for the trucks:

KR

Used 2008 Ford F-350 For Sale | East Swanzey NH

Lariat

Used 2008 Ford F-350 For Sale | Framingham MA .

Thanks

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'd say this all comes down to personal preference. If it were me I would buy the KR because it's got the crew cab and I can't stand the super cab. I got my '08 Harley for $34,500 with 55k miles so I'm sure you can get a lower price than what they are advertising. But check the CarFax report on both too and maybe that can help you figure out which way you want to go. Plus I think there is some report called Oasis.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I didnt consider the CC vs SC...I have only driven in the CC so I am not sure how constrictive the SC is

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I am, I am going to try to talk them down to 35k I think that is a reasonable price...I just love that color!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I'd go with the KR as well. Not because it's a KR, but because it's a CC. That alone would be worth the extra $6k for me.

Sent from my LTEVO using AutoGuide App.

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
Def get a crew cab. I came from an extended cab and would never go back.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Kelly blue book on that f350 in mint condition is $37k.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Well, high mileage for a diesel can be pretty high... well over 100k miles. I had several trucks near me that ranged from $30-36K and the only difference were some had 40,000 miles and others had 125,000 miles.

Saying that, I'd like to have a lower mileage, well-documented service history truck. These things need constant maintenance and skimping on them could leave you with some hefty bills in the next year (2008 warranties are expiring within a year on powertrain). If the previous owner did nothing for even a lower mileage truck, you could be stuck repairing it over the next few years.

Also, I like the KR and definitely get a CC. It's personal preference though. But, that's also from one Cobra owner (1995 Cobra hardtop convertible) to another.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Good decision. Iv got a king ranch and a lariet and the lariet is newer yet still when I open the door of the King Ranch it looks so much better. You'll be happy with the King ranch just take care of your seats cause the only downfall of them is that they are not as tough of a seat.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Good decision. Iv got a king ranch and a lariet and the lariet is newer yet still when I open the door of the King Ranch it looks so much better. You'll be happy with the King ranch just take care of your seats cause the only downfall of them is that they are not as tough of a seat.
I agree with you except for them being not as tough. I think they hold up better than the factory Ford leather. You just have to be sure to keep up with them correctly (use the right products). Since I didn't feel like placing an online order at King Ranch, I went down to the local saddle and boot shop and got a conditioner from Bick's. I've heard other people use Lexol as well. Just know that this leather does not have a protective coating on it like other auto leathers so you need to maintain it properly.

Also, unlike other auto leathers, do not throw a greasy fast food bag on them while you ride home. Since it doesn't have a protective coating on it like normal seats, the leather will wick that grease and oil up quickly like a sponge.

·
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere
1,900 Posts
I'm with Doss. The leather is thicker and more durable, but it will fade without proper care.

Also the CC is worth it's weight in gold. A CC 4x4 will hold value much much better than a EC and extremely more than a 2wd.

There are also deals out there just be patient. I paid just under $29k for my 08 KR 4x4 with 58k miles a little over a year ago.

Sent from a phone smarter than me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a Crew from my Signature. But I have always been somehow interested in Extended Cabs when they are F350s. I guess I always thought them to be rare. Call me nostalgic. The only one who seems to enjoys the back seat these days is my yellow lab, but I really don't think he would mind either way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts