Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first I thought it looked cool, but I really want to eliminate the pale adobe on the bottom of my truck and fender flares.

I would like to just have it all the tri coat white, but I'd have to do a pinstripe or something to hide the transition. Then I was thinking maybe tuxedo black, color matching line x, black linex or maybe even some kine of wrap. Any ideas or input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
Rethink it and sleep on it. That 2 tone Adobe gives the richest look to the Ford Super Duty.
It will grow on you if you dont like it now. The trick to building the perfect super duty is modifying it but still keeping it OEM.

·
Registered
445 Posts
If you had an XLT or an XL id say go for it. But i would not take away the two tone from a Lariat or King Ranch............Thats part of these trucks

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I'll get a two tone truck as soon as I'm geriatric and also decide to get a headache rack at the same time! I am not a fan of them. But hey, it's just my opinion. I vote for you to change it, I just don't have anything constructive to suggest at the moment.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I'm not gonna lie, the King Ranch trucks are starting to grow on me... I must be headed for a midlife crisis!

Honestly, I wouldn't mess with it. It's a clean looking truck, and modifying them typically costs you money to make the modifications and then costs you on the resale value :eek:

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
I love the 2-tone look, every truck I've ever owned, with the exception of my Lightning and my 01 F150 have been 2-tone. I think the tri-coat white with the gold/adobe bottom are one of the best looking trucks out there.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I agree with fantom, two tone is a more luxury look then a single tone, mine is white with adobe ultimate lariat, and it turns heads from both( ford,Chevy) drivers, especially when I pull my 36ft king of the road fifth wheel trailer

·
Registered
478 Posts
At first I thought it looked cool, but I really want to eliminate the pale adobe on the bottom of my truck and fender flares.

I would like to just have it all the tri coat white, but I'd have to do a pinstripe or something to hide the transition. Then I was thinking maybe tuxedo black, color matching line x, black linex or maybe even some kine of wrap. Any ideas or input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Just wanted to add my two cents here. I have a two tone Super Duty as well. At first I wasnt sure about it, but once I started doing mods, I love it now. Just saying!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a KR with with white/adobe two tone and like the look but absolutely hate the fender flares on these trucks (hoped they would grow on me when I bought it. They haven't and I want to remove them but if I do that I have to do something with the rocker panels because the adobe does not go all the way to the fenders it stops just under the flares.

I am thinking I will line-x the rocker panels black when I can justify spending the money on it.

Let us know what you decide on doing.

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
Leave it. I have a solid white lariat and wish it had the gold on the bottom. White/gold, black/gold and blue/silver are the prettiest trucks ford makes.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well, we all have our own tastes... and at the end of the day, it's your taste that counts.

Myself... although I've never been a big fan of the adobe color, I do like the idea of a 2-tone vehicle. That's why I went with the grey trim instead. (I think adobe looks ok as an accessory trim with some base colors... but it's not for me.)

I can think of lots of other colors that would look good as a trim color to white... with various shades of red coming first to mind. So have some fun with Photoshop, and try a few different color shades there to see if any of them jump out at you.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I hate the 2 tone paint. That is the single reason I do not have a KR. I would love to have a KR but no way am I going to pay 65k for a truck that has hideous paint. I opted for 2 tone delete Lariat instead.

Do something to make that truck look like it should. As stated before, 2 tone is for old people!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I agree with fantom... Whats a few hundred buck in a 60k truck,...besides if I m getting stuck making payments for five years what's 4 dollars more to have the ultimate lariat. And yes I am old but with money

·
Registered
96 Posts

Thanks
Dealing with the exact same thing. Ordered a new KR because of the inside but have laways hated the adobe on my other KR. Been talking to some guys and may have it all line-x'ed white.I think it will look better with the black bumpers and rims. Just my 2 cents. :D

1 - 20 of 73 Posts