Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at throwing a system together and have already picked up all the wiring, speakers, subs and amps....now need a double din unit. What i would like to pick up is a used unit as they are typically significantly less expensive and since im not that huge on audio systems, to me it makes sense. The problem is when searching for a used unit its MUCH easier if you know a model number, so im looking for units that you guys are currently using. What i would like for it to have

-Touch Screen
-Audio preouts (for front and rear speakers and then sub)
-Audio/video in ( i would like to run rca's to hook up to my phone to play the music i have on there, and a video in to setup a rear view camera)
-Navigation ( not a huge must have but would be nice)
-Bluetooth (again not a big deal but if i can get it, would be nice)

I think thats it, any recomendations?

·
Registered
303 Posts
i just picked up a pioneer, i got mine off craigslist for 175 works great. ill get the exact model number off of it in a later.

·
Registered
303 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I run a Alpine IVA-W505. It has preamp outputs and is modular so you can add bluetooth and nav. I have the bluetooth, nav, audio processor and HD modules. I like everything but the bluetooth because people can't hear me when the truck is running and the nav won't update the time on the HU.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have a Pioneer AVIC-U310BT. Comes stock with bluetooth plus visor mic, nav, touch screen, RCA preouts, 1 aux in, iPod hookup. I don't think it has support for a rear view camera though. And it doesn't play DVDs.

Works good though, I really like it. Nav has worked great the few times I've used it. iPod interface on it isn't all that amazing if you have a ton of music, as it scrolls through it all sorta slow. Does the job though. The bluetooth works very well and I've never had anyone complain about not being able to hear me.

Back when I bought it, it was a crazy sale on amazon. Like 240 bucks brand new. I see it's on Amazon now for $600, so I guess I ended up getting a great deal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You might look for a used Alpine 900. Alpine just upgraded to the 910, so there should start to be some good deals on those older units. It has everything you want, and great sound too.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Pioneer AVIC-D3, found on ebay, came with Bluetooth adapter, remote & ipod adapter. Has pre-outs as well as speaker level outputs, built it high-pass xover. Wired into a stock '08-newer tailgate backup cam, easily bypassed to play DVDs while moving and was also compatible with my old XM tuner. Its Ipod control is very nice, shows title, artist & album on the unit itself, can select sub menus as well, have had some other pioneer decks that say they control ipods and they were terrible. I paid $350, then an additional $ for newer nav discs from a guy on AVIC411.

So; Touchscreen, NAV, DVD, CD, Bluetooth, XM Tuner, Ipod control, Back-up Cam, Remote, built in Xover. Attached pic shows it installed in my '01 with the back-up cam from an '08 tailgate.

Attachments

·
Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow!
6,471 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
thats a really nice gauge setup never thaught of that. i have a single din stereo with a towl for a spacer for now. looking for a double din when i have the money

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats a sweet gauge setup. I ended up going with the 3200 unit with infiniti Kappas (with amps), two tens (with amps) and the backup camera and bypass to allow movies on the go. Ended up pulling the seats and the carpet so i could run all independant wiring ( didnt use the factory wiring for the speakers)

Overall im happy with the setup....will probably add the navigation unit to it

·
Registered
50 Posts
Do you have to modify your dash for the double DIN?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts