Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a pedestal oil leak so i pulled the turbo and rebuilt it while i had it out. I changed the pedestal o rings and reinstalled everything. Turck started up for about 1 min then all the sudden it started stalling out made a gurgling sound and stalled out now theres is a massive pool of oil under thr truck. Lools like from the passanger side. Where do you guys think i went wrong?

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Super common to pinch the pedestal o ring and sounds like that’s what happened.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean? Like the oring didnt seat properly? Theres probaly somewhere between 4 and 8 quarts on the ground.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I had a pedestal oil leak so i pulled the turbo and rebuilt it while i had it out. I changed the pedestal o rings and reinstalled everything. Turck started up for about 1 min then all the sudden it started stalling out made a gurgling sound and stalled out now theres is a massive pool of oil under thr truck. Lools like from the passanger side. Where do you guys think i went wrong?
I'd guess the oil connection? I don't know anything so don't take my word but wouldn't that be the most logical.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright i will take everything apart and see if that fixes it. I appreciate you guys trying to help. If anyone else has any other ideas feel free to chime in.

·
Registered
398 Posts
alright i will take everything apart and see if that fixes it. I appreciate you guys trying to help. If anyone else has any other ideas feel free to chime in.
Don't listen to me dude. Wait for someone who knows more. If it doesn't have a keyboard and mouse I'm pretty worthless

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Don't listen to me dude. Wait for someone who knows more. If it doesn't have a keyboard and mouse I'm pretty worthless

Naa, you gave good advice ...take the job back apart and see where you screwed up ---didn't leak before it was worked on, soo...

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
What do you mean? Like the oring didnt seat properly? Theres probaly somewhere between 4 and 8 quarts on the ground.
Sometimes the o ring moves and get cut/pinched when you tighten it down. Actually really common. Happened a few times in Rigs I helped with repairs/maintenance. Did you take any else apart when you did the turbo? I would also look at the hpop ends and lines. It could all be a coincidence that one of the o rings failed at the same time too etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That must have been the problem. Put everything back together again and no oil leak. Thanks guys! The trucks running like a beast now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts