Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 F350 7.3 362k, Performance HPOP, TS6 Tune, CTS3 Reader, Wicked Wheel 2, HPX, Braided Fuel Line
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone, I needed to see if anyone has had this issue before or could help figure it out. Of course it’s on my everyday truck and renting a car for a week isn’t working..

This just started a couple weeks ago but while accelerating my ICP pressure drops to 560 or so, and has almost no power like it’s being choked almost.
Cloud Sky Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle

Here is the read out while accelerating, within the past 2 weeks I have put in a new ICP, IPR, and redid the injector O-Rings. Everything is brand new. Also swapped the fuel filter and did an oil change.
MAP is 15psi also.
When I am steady driving doing 60 it stays right around 1100-1300 psi. I am in a mild tune, the guy who had it before me put it in but I have it set on the lowest. The IPR percentage is 94% demanding and the pressure won’t build, again the IPR and ICP are new. Also within the past 3 months I have put a new Thoroughbred Diesel performance HPOP in there. So everything in the system has been replaced or upgraded. Even the injector O-Rings I did 4 days ago, smoked a good 30 miles and then fully disappeared like normal.

Cloud Sky Speedometer Automotive tire Motor vehicle

This is normal driving and cruising. When I let off of the throttle it drastically jumps letting off for a split second.
Car Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

Here’s the let off.. HPOP Reservoir is full all the time. I’m stumped. What else could cause this? I was thinking maybe the fuel pressure? The PID doesn’t work for fuel pressure, like the pump or clogged strainers? Would this cause it to choke?
Thanks Everyone for looking and helping. I run a marine mechanic business out of this truck, without it I’m out of Work.

·
Registered
2003 F350 7.3 362k, Performance HPOP, TS6 Tune, CTS3 Reader, Wicked Wheel 2, HPX, Braided Fuel Line
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update, when the engine oil temp is 70 degrees or so, and I’m driving not hard, the high pressure is 2700 psi at 34%. Could this mean it’s a low pressure oil pump? Not supplying the HPOP fast enough? When the oil is thicker it’s able to pump it up faster, and warms up the pump is having issues pushing it up?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts