Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, started installing the lift last nite, went to install the new springs and there about 2" to tall! I have the axle to the floor, has anyone had this issue? Should I use a spring compressor? Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Do you mean you got everything bolted up with the tires on and it was 2" too high?

·
Registered
897 Posts
I think he means that the droop is not enough to get the springs in. You could always use a compressor. Just be careful as heck with them. They are really dangerous if used improperly. Can you lift the truck more to try and get more clearance?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Oh. I just put this exact same lift on my truck last week. I put my jack stands on the highest setting and I had plenty of room with the axle resting on the ground. Maybe adjust your stands so the frame is sitting up higher.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Raise the frame higher you'll have clearance. I put a rough country 6in on mine with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didnt want to use spring compressors, just as a last resort. The truck is sitting up pretty high now, I tried putting the jack right in the front to lift it up some more but I couldnt get the jack to get get anymore lift. Im hesitant in coming front side being the only thing holding up the front end is two 3 ton jack stands. I have the stands postioned right by both radius brackets. Maybe get another jack and come from the other side?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I had (2) 4 ton jacks holding up my front end and then I kept the jack in some spot so that it was supporting just a little bit. I also put a railroad tie going side to side of the truck, beneath the radius arms, just in case it would have fallen. I've put on quite a few lifts 100% by myself in my driveway and I've used the same method without issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts