Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i had to replace my injector cups and I am putting it back together. I have the glow plugs out and I have previously sucked out the cylinders when the injectors were out. Now I am cranking it over with the solenoid and the back passenger glow plug hole is shooting out a really fine mist (about a good sneeze worth every time) which seems to be fuel ? But its the only one doing it. Am I ok to proceed? or is there something wrong? I had fuel in my coolant so I drained it completely before doing this. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
How many time have you cranked it over. The 7.3 is actually a common rail engine. If you look at the injectors you took out the have holes in them where they meet the fuel and the oil rails inside of the head. If you are turning it over its probably injecting fuel or oil or both and that what ur seeing.

Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive cranked it over for 20 second intervals a couple times. I don't have the injectors hooked back up to the valve cover harnesses. I did notice the holes. I just don't want to hydro lock it. I'm just super paranoid and want to do it right!

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
when you crank your also spinning the fuel pump since its mechanical. think that is that what your seeing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts