Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help, im stuck in New Mexico! im traveling from louisiana to las Vegas. 2006 f-250 turbo diesel. running hot and blowing lots of white smoke. posting from phone so please call wit any help! we gotta get back on the road soon
lance
(504) 884-1249

·
Registered
458 Posts
here's a bump for you, a tech should be a long shortly

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
heres another bump for you but it sounds like head gaskets and or Egr cooler to me

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys for the bump! the truck is not loosing power! what are some things that I should be trouble shooting. were in albuquerque, new Mexico. we gotta get to Vegas for a race!! sign up is tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Hows your coolant level?

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
EGR cooler yes

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
There could be some, my advice would be to get it to a dealer tomorrow and have it looked at

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no engine lights, no water in the oil, no leaks as far as the can tell, the egr valve was changed last week, no loss of power, just alot of smoke!!!we really need to get out of here today. does anyone know of a mechanic inthe area?

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
no engine lights, no water in the oil, no leaks as far as the can tell, the egr valve was changed last week, no loss of power, just alot of smoke!!!we really need to get out of here today. does anyone know of a mechanic inthe area?
Take a look at the EGR valve since it was changed last week unplug it and see if that makes a difference.

·
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG
4,553 Posts
heres another bump for you but it sounds like head gaskets and or Egr cooler to me
:agree:

Normally the h.g's let compression into the cooling system or coolant in to the cylinders so there shouldn't be any water in the oil. I haven't heard of water in oil on the 6.0's yet. The egr cooler can also dump lots of coolant into the exhaust. Does it still overheat if you fill it back up with coolant and run it for a short distance? If you aren't losing any power then it sounds like the egr cooler. A tech should be able to help you out a little more. Good luck man!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts