Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help diagnosing my truck. it started with the normal FICM issues. I did the repair but the truck wouldn't start afterwards. I checked the voltages from the FICM and was getting 48v. The truck would then crank for a about 10-15 sec and would start and run rough for 2-3sec and then die. well trying to get it to start I ran the batteries dead. while cranking everything shut off but the starter continued to crank until the batteries died. I took both batteries out and charged them up and tried putting them in but when connected the starter would start running again. I pulled the starter and checked the solenoid and relays and it is all fine. reinstalled everything and no more problem. Now all the lights are on keyless entry works but, the odometer reads "000000" and turning the key does nothing no noises, no WTS, no radio, no gauges, just nothing. It is driving me nuts. any help would be very helpful. oh this is a '05 f350

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
You have a PCM issue

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Either the PCM or ya blew every fuze and realy feeding the instrument cluster.

See if ya can read anything out of the PCM with a scanner.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
You blew your PCM

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i need a new PCM. are there any repairs out there, replacement options, and if ford is the only place to get it does anyone know what the part number is?

·
Registered
61 Posts
:icon_ford::chicken::chicken:try rockauto.com i just looked it said ecm main computer i believe its the same as pam can anyone concure with me the part no is 997803 its listed under eletrical its 267 and change ouch id try the local salvage yards good luck too you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well I ended up having it towed to the dealer. it turned out to be that the FICM, that I had repaired twice, finally bit the dust and was shorting everything out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts