Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought A modded 6.0 a couple weeks ago. I noticed a coolant leak when I got home from picking it up. It doesn't leak while it's running, but shortly after turning off it spills I looked earlier tonight and it seems to be coming down where the trans and engine meet. Any suggestions here? It's a steady leak.

Second, this is my first truck much less a diesel, it is tuned and I think I will lower the tune bc it's almost too fast. When I get into h, it takes off and takes a sec to dig in and when I'm going up hills the turbo seems to hiccup. Is this normal? The hick up happens when I get into it as well.

Third, the transmission is new but seems to have some type of dark fluid on it, how normal is this?

Last, does every repair require a complete engine removal?

·
Island Dweller
1,300 Posts
Without seeing pictures it could be a freeze plug leaking. You say your truck is tuned, how is it tuned SCT, Banks and who did the tuning? The hiccup could be sticking vanes in the turbo or it could be the tune your are running. My first tune that came with my Livewire tuner would do that when I got on the throttle hard. As far as the fluid on your transmission it probably is oil from the rear seal usually that is a minor leak but if it really accumulating and dripping on the ground then you will probably need to have the seal replaced which could be costly. Lastly for almost all repairs the engine does not need to be removed

EDIT: Since you did not say what side of the truck the coolant was coming from I suggest that you look around at your degas bottle. Do you see any coolant or white residue from that area?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts