Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im at a loss right now and so confused. Had a problem with my motor hydrolocking. Egr cooler was bad so i did a bd egr delete kit and also changed out my oil cooler. Also swaped out all the gaskets and o rings and a new themostat. Truck has been fine dor a week now but today it hydro locked on me. Does anybody have a idea what it could be. Im not loosin any coolant and hasbeen running great. This is my last resort before payi.g out the *** at a shop.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Hydrolock can be caused by fuel as well as coolant. Easiest way to find out which it is, is to remove the glow plugs pull the ficm fuse and have an assistant roll the engine over while observeing which cylinder spits [do not put your face or any body part in front the hole. It can come out with great force]. If your lucky some of the liquid will remain on the fender well to be able to feel and smell the liguid to see which it is.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
It will tell you whether it is coolant or fuel and which way you need to go for further testing to isolate the actual problem.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If the EGR was bad enough, it very well could have been head gaskets.. Tough to say without looking at it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts