Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to hook portable sirius power supply to an upfitter switch. Found the upfitter wires, no problem. I took a cigarette lighter power supply and cut the end off. I took the negative to a grounded connection and then the #3 upfitter wire to the positive side of the plug. Nothing. I checked the upfitter wire for power and found it to work as expected with power only in the ON position and the upfitter switch on. I then tied the wires back together and am able to use the cigarette supply again but no power to the sirius dock via the upfitter. What gives? Really frustrating!

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
volts... my sirius is like 5.2 volts or something like that (so I need a part to step the volts down)... so your sirius radio could be 12 or some different volts... look a little more into it and see if it 12volts or not

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is great! I spent all afternoon check my connections and what I was doing. I knew it was something like that. I took the lighter plug apart to verify the pos/neg wires but there was a small circuit board too. I thought it was some sort of step down but wasn't sure. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
Hey no problem... :nod:

I done the same thing the first time I tried to wire up my sirius in another vechile I had... :doh: and spent some time on it.. I finally just stepped back and thought... :hehe:

hope all works out for you :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts