Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK... i'm stranded at school and i need help real bad.
Please pull through for me guys.

I changed my EBP sensor but took the bracket completely off to clean it real good. But when I put it back on it apperantly didn't seal because there is oil all over. What can I reseal that with? It had just a crappy o-ring seal that i thought resealed but now it's leaking oil.

Here's the problem. I did a backpressure test where you have to hold WOT for 30 seconds to make sure backpressure stays below 28 psi and it did. But then when i put it in drive afterward, it jerked and cut out and stalled.

I restarted it, oil pressure is normal, idle is normal, revved normal, all good in Park. But once I put it into gear it did the same thing. Cut out, clattered, jerked and stalled.

it is now 2 qts low on oil, i think because of it having 3000 miles on the oil, and that leak i caused.

IS 2 QTS OF OIL ENOUGH TO MAKE THE HPOP FAIL?? It seems like the injectors just cut out and quit.

Please help, i need to get this running TONIGHT.

HELP! :(

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
2 quarts should not make the HPOP fail. for the bracket I've used regular RTV silicon everytime I've removed mine and havn't had any problems. I would check the fitting and plug on the sensor and make sure they are both good.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any idea why it's doing what it's doing then? if that doesn't seal does the HPOP not work cause of that? Anyone ANYONE? Please?

i hate being so anxious, but i have about an hour and that's all!

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Man if I didn't have to work today I would be on my way to help you out.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man if I didn't have to work today I would be on my way to help you out.
That means alot to me. really. Any ideas you can tell me through the org? It would make sense to me that if that is not sealing, cause of the seal being bad and i probably bent it, that it won't work right..... but it did for a while, it was fine til i had it floored.... now something happened. and i dunno what. it's not leaking anything else, like coolant thank goodness.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:bump:! Be swift org helpers!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Try taking the bracket back off, cleaning all the oil off and using RTV, visually inspect everything in the disassembly/ assembly process, add 2 qts of oil for good measure.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Try taking the bracket back off, cleaning all the oil off and using RTV, visually inspect everything in the disassembly/ assembly process, add 2 qts of oil for good measure.
that was the plan. i'm working on it now, cept my buddy keeps trying to let me let him take my gf home and he's one of those guys. plus he dropped a line adapter behind the fan pulley :banging:

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Agreed. Do you still have the scanner?
Well I did. I cleared the code for the backpressure and it didn't come back, so I think changing the sensor fixed that problem, but ME changing the sensor and not being careful enough caused another. (i bent that bracket covering the hole, letting the junk seal melt away)

Lesson learned, the HPOP doesn't work well when it's opened up, even a little, does it... We resealed it, and now it's fine. I've been driving it for about 3 hours now, i had some stuff to do. It's back to normal. Just checked it and no leaks.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good deal. Glad you got her fixed.
Oh me too. Worst part was ... it was a doggin fest on ford for my wonderful class full of Ford-haters. Lol. I don't care, my mistake not Ford's. My friend that was helping me said "YEAH now who wishes they had a GM" I just busted out laughing at him. I love my Ford. :icon_ford:

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That cover only exposes the hpop gear. The oil that was leaking out, was being slung around from it.
Hm. Well is it supposed to be a sealed system? That's the only variable... I mean, i asked my dad when he changed the oil and it was about 3k ago, and he said the last time it burned/used/took 1.5 quarts. It was odd, once we got the cover off, it was bent (my bad) and the "gasket" peeled off way too easy...

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually, i also happened to notice today, that while it is running, if the dipstick is pulled smoke comes out. I've seen that on here before but cant find it. Is that normal...??? I have no idea if it did it before today.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The ford grey sealant is expensive but will seal that cover up it is some bad arse rtv gasket maker.It is also used on the oil pan during engine assembly
Yeah, well that's fine. And this cover now seems fine too. What a day.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Hm. Well is it supposed to be a sealed system? That's the only variable... I mean, i asked my dad when he changed the oil and it was about 3k ago, and he said the last time it burned/used/took 1.5 quarts. It was odd, once we got the cover off, it was bent (my bad) and the "gasket" peeled off way too easy...
The hpop is mounted behind the hpop reservoir. The inspection cover is what you removed. Behind that is the bolt to the gear that turns the hpop. The supply oil from the reservoir is on the side of this area on the back.

I use RTV black to reseal when I remove the cover. If you don't reseal this properly, it will have a nice leak.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Actually, i also happened to notice today, that while it is running, if the dipstick is pulled smoke comes out. I've seen that on here before but cant find it. Is that normal...??? I have no idea if it did it before today.
While running, if you remove the oil fill cap.. you will notice a white/grey smoke coming out. It's normal. Mine has done it for I don't know how long.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
I'm glad you got it up and running. I figured if you got that plate sealed back up it would run.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts