Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this weird grinding kind of noise coming from the drivers side front tire. It usually only happens when I am turning and I go over a bump or something that causes my suspension to move. I can make it do it if I just coast and turn all the way right or left and hit the brakes. I dont have any idea what it could be. Could someone maybe help?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Same thing just happened to my friends bronco, he just had to replace all the bearings in his front passenger side axle so hope this helps good luck.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Probably the wheel bearings. When the bearing assembly is worn the rotor will rub on the pads.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so even though it doesnt happen all the time and only under certain conditions it could still be bearings? I thought they made a consistent noise. The sound is only there when the suspension has some type of movement

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I have been reading. If I can grab the tire and pull it towards me or push away then it is wheel bearings and if I can grab the tire top and bottom and it will move like a teeter totter then its the ball joints correct? anything else it could be?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Well, if you feel play (teeter-tooter) it could be ball joints or bearings. Have someone look at the ball joints while you move it back and forth. You will be able to see the play in the ball joints. If the joints are tight the it is the wheel bearing assembly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts