Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy, I am currently going through my motor in my 2007 f350 6.0 diesel and upgrading all know problem parts. I have the motor out and have already pulled everything off including hpop and oil cooler. I am now in the process of putting everything back together and already have oil cooler and hpop back in place when I decided to drop the oil pan and found a 1/4" long spring and 1/8" ball bearing in the oil pan. I have looked all over and have no clue where these came from. Please help!

·
Registered
06 6.0 drw 635 rwhp (retired) 08 KR build in progress
179 Posts
Check your hpop. Some had a ball staked in, I seem to remember having one of these fall out of a truck that came in with a no start, iirc it was an Alliant pump but it’s been several years I could be mistaken

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
I could be wrong, but I thought the ball bearing was bigger and unique to the 2003/4.

I would be concerned it’s a bearing in a lifter, but I thought they were hydraulic.

Anyway, a bearing for a lifter going through a HPOP will ruin it, so I’d proceed with caution.

·
Administrator
31,671 Posts
hpop bearing on the early units is like a sling shot ammo size

the lifters are needle bearings the rocker does have a ball bearing that size but no spring so I am no help lol

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
I've not come across anything like that disassembling my '03 6.0. What it might look like is a ball detent out of a socket wrench.

Reactions: Henry5105

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts