Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
It is What IT is
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys....need some help here.
I recently moved to Anchorage, Alaska. drove the 2600 or so miles, pulling my 12 foot cargo trailer with all my wordly possessions...drove with my awesome, almost 14 yo son!
2600 miles, not a single problem....been here now for a bit over 2 months, again no problems.

came back from the bush about a week and a half ago. batteries are dead. just replaced them last December. Figured family went in while gone. Put the charger on, and she fires....again no problems after that.

Until two days ago. Driving with my wonderful girlfriend and my PSD quits like I turned the key off. no warning nothing. Coasted over and popped the hood. Can't see anything abnormal...pulled the scanner from the toolbox and I pull a P2262 code (P2262 Turbo/Super Charger Boost Pressure Not Detected - Mechanical). Checked the oil level and its fine (Rotella T6). My buddy comes over and we tow itabout 1/2 mile to his house.

Try to restart. nothing. she'll carnak and turn over but that's it. what I notice is that when i crank it the oil pressure comes up just a little bit

checked: FICM voltage, all above 48V. checked ICP by disconnecting no change. pulled MAF and cleaned. Pulled MAP hose and nipple and cleaned both. can hear the injectors buzzing and fuel pump runs for 10 seconds or so.

no smoke at all from tailpipe.

what gives? I've never had and issue. I'm mechanically inclined and got the tools. she'll roll over but wont even try to start, it's like I've got no fuel going.

Any ideas? Going to tow her to Different Strokes (Anchorage) to have them check her out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
It is What IT is
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to mention that after I cleaned the MAP and disconnect/reconnected the ICP oil pressure came back to normal at cranking

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Ok so if you are getting 500 to 600 on your icp, then your injector pressure is good.
I will tell you I had a similar problem. my alternator was bad and that drained my batteries. Cranking with weak batteries will kill your ficm. So needless to say I killed my ficm.
I would have your batteries load tested and alternator tested at the parts store. Keep us posted.

·
It is What IT is
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I towed in to Different Strokes and having Ron look at it. I'm hoping he'll have some diagnosis for me sometimes tomorrow.

Hopefully, cross my fingers, it's something simple and CHEAP ! :please:

·
It is What IT is
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright guys....I have an update. my truck is back on the road.

A little background first. Early last year, my truck was acting up and I took it in the stealership. They came back with 5 failing injectors. The price was outrageous...so i bought all NEW injectors (or so I was told) from Thoroughbred. The injectors are made by Alliant. I had my friend who owns a repair shop install the injectors along with new glow plugs.

Truck ran great until a few days later were it started running rough again. Had the FICM reflashed to the new Inductive heat TSB by the stealership. Ran fine for about 2-3 weeks then starting acting up again. Long story short I did my own diagnosing and truns out my FICM was bad (surprise!)

I moved to Anchorage, AK about 2 months ago. I drove up with a 12' cargo trailer packed. Truck ran great and other than my turbo outlet hose coming off, everything was great.

Fast forward to today. Ron from different strokes calls me this morning and tells me that I blew and injector. huh? Explained to Ron that the injectors were new and that they had less than 25,000 miles. Went to the shop and Ron and Brian took the time to show me an explain what had happened.

Basically, here's the short of it.
1. The c-clip on top of the injector came apart/busted causing and oil leak under the covers.

2. Alliant does not make/sell new 6.0L injectors. Ron called his Alliant Rep who confirmed it. I called Thoroughbred Diesel today and Katie (sp?) told me that the injectors i bought were new. Bull!

3. Alliant issued a recall on September 28, 2011 for those injectors. This was an inventory recall though. Still mine have started to fail and I'm now reluctant to do
long trips....like driving the Alcan again or North to Fairbanks.

So my truck is back on the road.....but i'm pissed at Alliant and Thoroughbred.
one message for both of them: make this RIGHT. I hope someone from their shops is reading this Make this RIGHT!

to Ron at Different Strokes THANK YOU! Great service!

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts