Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 6.0and iwhen its gold it has now power but when it warms up its fine. The only problem is it take a while for the turbo to spool up or so it seems. Has nebody had this problem or know whats wrong? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I don't think the turbo WANTS to spool up at fast as it would when warm. only advice to offer is to get it reflashed with the 'newest' inductive heating thingamajigger.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same problem here. Been doing it for a few months. Have had no time for maintenance so I'm just now looking for solution. I'm thinking of the VGT. Maybe the O-rings are worn out or the solenoid is sticking. I'm about to pull mine this weekend and see what happens...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i had a new egr valve put in my and the dealer said it runs like a top and had it hooked up to all sorts of computers and cant find anything wrong with it so ima pull mine and see its almost like the tourqe convertor or something because i doesnt want to shift if u are WOT through 1st or 2nd

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yup just the same with me

Won't shift worth a damn for about the first 5 to 10 minutes. I'm thinking that the motor not spooling up is not spinning the torque converter fast enough to move the oil through it. All just a guess at this point but it seems to fit the symtoms. I have only one error code for my ICP. It's been going bad for a while, just hav'nt had time to change it out yet. :dunno:No codes for the turbo whatsoever ,but, the selanoid can be sticking a little and still working enough not to generate a code, and, if its the O-rings then it could be bleading pressure over the length of the valve body while it is cooling off sitting. When the engine heats up the O-rings expand and reseal the pressure. Just remember this is all speculation at this point. I won't be looking at mine untill this weekend sometime. I hope this solves both of our problems because right now I cant afford a major repair. Just paid the tax man his pound of flesh.:banging:

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
yea i had a new egr valve put in my and the dealer said it runs like a top and had it hooked up to all sorts of computers and cant find anything wrong with it so ima pull mine and see its almost like the tourqe convertor or something because i doesnt want to shift if u are WOT through 1st or 2nd
is this stock tuned or dfuser tuned?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dfuser tuned but its back to stock it does it either way but the main thing is when i get in a take off it white smokes and i have to gas it to get it to shift sometimes and it usually sticks on 3 grand

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
have you seen the tow haul blink on and off at all while you're having these issues?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no sure doesnt it only does it through the first couple of gears and it cuts out at 3000 rpm and white smokes. Ive been told that it could be the vgt solenoid and i havent got around to checking it yet. Its really annoying and sounds like crap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts