Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys I need help like asap. I drive a 2002 f250 7.3 and have a bully dog power pup, works fine on my truck, Well I put it on my girlfriends dads truck to pull a horse trailer, well when I tried to return to stock, it says mismatch ecu, cant continue. I used the programmer just this morning to give the 50 horse tow tune, now I cant get it off, HHHHEEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!:dunno:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i talked to john at bullydog, he said that I had to get the catch code off the truck, then send back the power pup, along with $100.oo and they will do a one time flash with the right code, and I should be good to go. If I have learned anything from this its that all you guys who talk so great about the tony wildman units are prolly right, and i will soon be ordering one myself. This is some stupidity that its going to cost that much money for this. I'm kicking myself for going with the bully dog at this point.

·
Registered
79 Posts
got tw tunes on a bully dog chip........best of both.!!

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
That’s the downfall of programmers, sometimes they can be a pain to swap programs. Of course the chip can be a pain if you have a brain fart and pull the chip while the key is on and fry both the chip and the computer (yep I did that). I’ve had several programmers and several chips, my vote is for the TW chip.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i called and he told me he could reprogram my bully dog flip chip.......put it in the mail this morning.........

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i feel your pain man i have a power programmer 3 on my truck now that i cant get off so i have my ts stacked on top of it now lol but the guy at woodhouse in blair here in nebraska can reflash my programmer and flash my computer to get it off and then i will be good to go cause i called the poeple at hypertech and they dident know the difference between a sneeze and a wet fart lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts