Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i bought an Autometer boost gauge, its the 2 inch pro comp one, Black face aluminum ring etc... My question is: The gauge reads 30 psi boost and i think 20 psi vac. i dont care about vac, i just want the boost part to work, so it came with a T fitting for a vac. line or map line i guess..... but i twisted the tube and effed it all up so i bought a boost gauge install kit that came with some fittings, so my options are at this point to 1. use the T fitting in a map line or some type of line or 2. drill and tap that tube that goes into the motor from the turbo, im gonna call it a boost tube since im uneducated..... What option do you guys reccomend i use... and if i use the T fitting in one of those lines, which line shall i use and where do i find it. and also if i do the boost tube option, is there anything at all i should know/ watch out for. for example, when i take it off to drill and tap it is there any precautions i should take, is there a gasket i will need to replace, is there any crazy junk thats gonna jump out at me when i take it off, am i going to eff sumthin up by taking it off.... so basically, other than the backlighting for the gauge and mounting it, how do i install a boost gauge lol, sorry for wasting your time by writing this short story.

oh by the way its going on a 97 powerstroke....

thanks guys
-Dicky

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Just T it into the black rubber line going to the map sensor.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finished it up yesterday afternoon, im assuming i got the right tube haha cause the gauge works now. it didnt come with hose clamps so i went and bought a few and a new section of tube cause the one on there looked a lil' crusty... but all in all it was good, thanks for all your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts