Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, recently I found out my boyfriend has been talking to his mom about buying a brush guard.

well.... what exactly would I need to know about his truck and about brush guards in order to buy him an efficient brush guard..

Some questions I have that I would really appreciate the answer to..
What exactly does a brush guard do..
What is a good brush guard brand..
If he has shown her a brush guard that he's interested in, is it a good idea to get that one even though some reviews say that it's not very effective for protecting his truck against hitting a deer? :dunno:

I need to know pretty quickly, because I have a great plan which involves lingerie. So boys.. makes his dream come true?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
ranch hand and westin are both good brands. all you should have to know is what year and model is truck is and you should be good to go

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't believe no one has said they would only help if pictures of her in the lingerie were posted...:hehe:
I wish this were facebook.. and I could like this post. Granted, you unfortunately wouldn't get any pictures, then my Christmas presents wouldn't be a present anymore. Not to mention! I'd be out of a boyfriend, 500 bucks, AND i would have some random *** brush guard sittin in my garage.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
So, recently I found out my boyfriend has been talking to his mom about buying a brush guard.

well.... what exactly would I need to know about his truck and about brush guards in order to buy him an efficient brush guard..

Some questions I have that I would really appreciate the answer to..
What exactly does a brush guard do..
What is a good brush guard brand..
If he has shown her a brush guard that he's interested in, is it a good idea to get that one even though some reviews say that it's not very effective for protecting his truck against hitting a deer? :dunno:

I need to know pretty quickly, because I have a great plan which involves lingerie. So boys.. makes his dream come true?
Basically it's to protect the front of the truck. What year truck does he have? Most bolt to the frame and basically go over the factory bumper. Some of the nice ranch hands, etc actually replace the front bumper all together. What's he want it for? aesthetics? protection?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Basically it's to protect the front of the truck. What year truck does he have? Most bolt to the frame and basically go over the factory bumper. Some of the nice ranch hands, etc actually replace the front bumper all together. What's he want it for? aesthetics? protection?
I can't say much.. because if he clicks on this he'll know i'm talkin' about him and then my disguise would be ruined.

But I can say I know The make model and year. And personally.. I want to buy him one to make sure his truck doesn't get hurt, Lets face it. I think I love that truck more than he does.

But I think he might want it mainly for looks, possibly because i'm worried he might hit a deer somewhere while mudding or whatever.

I mean obviously, I don't want to buy it just for looks, I want it to do SOMETHING other than make his truck look badass.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I'm just curious about how you were gonna incorporate lingerie into a brush guard. I don't want to see it though, that's what my girlfriend is for.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC against my will

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I can't say much.. because if he clicks on this he'll know i'm talkin' about him and then my disguise would be ruined.

But I can say I know The make model and year. And personally.. I want to buy him one to make sure his truck doesn't get hurt, Lets face it. I think I love that truck more than he does.

But I think he might want it mainly for looks, possibly because i'm worried he might hit a deer somewhere while mudding or whatever.

I mean obviously, I don't want to buy it just for looks, I want it to do SOMETHING other than make his truck look badass.
Pick one of the folks here that has given you the best answer. Might I suggest atvrider93. Send Him a PM (private message) with all the info you have, and the brand name your boyfriend said to his Mom.

That way, he can't click on something you don't want Him to see yet. Don't buy a "Ranch Hand" unless that is exactly what he wants.

Good luck.

·
Administrator
31,281 Posts
Don't buy a "Ranch Hand" unless that is exactly what he wants.
exactly this is a purchase I would have to think long and hard about and even then I might not be happy with my own choice ,, the brush guards can make or break the looks of a truck ( personally have only seen 1 or two that really looked good on a truck) and I have no desire to own one but maybe if I lived where wildlife was an issue I would consider one

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ATV was already kind enough to PM me about it, i'm pretty sure..

And anyway. I think I know what I'm gonna get. Thank you all for your help! I'm open to any more suggestions that I could get for his truck too! that would be great for like a birthday present or something.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Did you decide on the one you showed me? PM me with whats already done to his truck for more ideas

·
Registered
948 Posts
If his truck is two tone, don't ruin it by buying a black brushguard. That looks HORRIBLE. Get it color matched if it is.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
If his truck is two tone, don't ruin it by buying a black brushguard. That looks HORRIBLE. Get it color matched if it is.
^^^ this. I am sure (being a woman, and fashion forward) you already knew not to mish mash color schemes

1 - 20 of 26 Posts