Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having cold start issues and read about testing the ficm voltage awhile back. Sure enough it was low. Opened her up to do the resolder fix which I'm doing right now. Only problem is all the write ups with pics I could find are of the 4 post and the resistors I need to redo are located in a different place on the 7 post units. I can solder really well but IDing electrical items not so much. Ive seen 2 different pics in all my looking saying these are them and both were different pieces on the same board.

Can someone please clarify the location of the 4 resistors for me please on the 7 post units.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link, found that one. Got it all put back and have 48 volts key on, crank and running now but still runs like crap till up to temp with lots of white smoke for first 2 minutes. Guess I'll go with my other code, glow plug controller dia fail. I'll go get a new controller and see what that does.

·
Registered
270 Posts
not sure how warm it is where your at, but it sounds more like a stiction issue than GP's to me, might try Rev-x...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts