Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is, at 30,000 i installed a kem tune and dpf delete with afe filter. ran fine un till now, 116,000 miles when it pulls hard on the interstate it takes about 100-200 miles engine fan just come on gage never moves and it looses small amount of power and smokes a little more than normal, thats when it starts puking. let idle and cool down good and its ready to go again maybe 2-300 miles before starts again or maybe not. also my heater will not work unless rpm raised a little. dosent do it all the time. you can run empty 3-4000 miles and be fine.:dunno: ford dealers seam to want to blame it on the tune and refer back to the 6.0 with head gaskets. basicley no help i am thinking maybe egr valve stuck open or cooler?? i pull trailers for hire. :icon_ford:

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
116k already!? NICE!! good luck.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Here it is, at 30,000 i installed a kem tune and dpf delete with afe filter. ran fine un till now, 116,000 miles when it pulls hard on the interstate it takes about 100-200 miles engine fan just come on gage never moves and it looses small amount of power and smokes a little more than normal, thats when it starts puking. let idle and cool down good and its ready to go again maybe 2-300 miles before starts again or maybe not. also my heater will not work unless rpm raised a little. dosent do it all the time. you can run empty 3-4000 miles and be fine.:dunno: ford dealers seam to want to blame it on the tune and refer back to the 6.0 with head gaskets. basicley no help i am thinking maybe egr valve stuck open or cooler?? i pull trailers for hire. :icon_ford:
Did you say you have 116K on a new 6.4 :thumb: Awesome. Has it always done this while you are pulling only letting you go 100-200 miles??

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'll take my buddy's Mack, I'd get better milage and have a heavier truck. The new 08 does have a much better turning radius compared to my 2000 though.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Any update bud?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Temp gauge, Trans gauge must be dummy gauges. Mine never move either but the fan comes on when pulling in the mountains all the time. I guarantee its getting warm but I haven't puked coolant yet aside from a new radiator and degas bottle cracking. It only leaked when I worked it hard. Made a hell of a mess though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still on the rd. and havent found a dealer that will look at it yet thay all say head gaskets! and yes it dose leak oil in the intake and blowen cooler hoses! as soon as here something i will post. dosent do it all the time just once in a wile. i pull big rv dailey.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Still on the rd. and havent found a dealer that will look at it yet thay all say head gaskets! and yes it dose leak oil in the intake and blowen cooler hoses! as soon as here something i will post. dosent do it all the time just once in a wile. i pull big rv dailey.
Sorry to hear that man, How do you like it other than that for pulling??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:thumb:pulls great, pull up to 40foot RVs daily. over 120,000 on her now. still havent got it fixed yet it has not done it latley, in think i am having egr problems now acts something like 6.0 did when it needed cleaned?:woot:

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Howdy Puttser,
I think you have more miles on one of these rigs then anyone I have read about so far.
Care to give us an update on how your truck is doing:confused:
Thanks in advance
~Mike~

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well here it is - it also gets so hot on the driver side the brake fluid boils, and motor is still at temp!! took it in to ford and they said with the kem program they dont know how,and wont try and fix it. they say its all doo to dpf delete and program. been to several dealers and all the same! i have 135,000 plus now. today i have made some solid block off plates for egr and i am going to see what this dose.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Let's see: 116,000 miles on 5/27; 135,000 miles on 7/2 equals 805+ miles per day EVERY DAY? That's SOME DRIVING on that poor truck! (if my arithmetic is correct).

OBTW: Air in the system?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yup thats about right i pull from Indiana to the west cost daily non stop, home for a break now. i put about 60 mile on it to day and no codes as of yet. i made a solid block off plate of sheet copper and slid it in the gasket at the first cooler and at the egr valve and left all the secers in and hooked up. i will put some more miles on to see if i get any codes. not sure but i think this will help the mpg greatly,so far it seams to has inproved but sure how much. more to come later.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts