Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys im new to on here but i got a problem. So i was just driving down the road truck lost power started dieseling bad like a knocking from hell. at that time i had white smoke and no power. so i go out this morning and fire it up and get oil spraying out the exhaust pipe! So what should i be looking for boys? :dunno:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Is there oil in your coolant or coolant in your oil?
Pull the charge pipe off the turbo see if there is excessive oil in there.
Report back

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Pull your intake and look at the turbo. Is their a ton of oil in the intake? How dies the turbo look?

If it truly us oil, I would guess either the CDR went bad, or the turbo did.

Are you sure it was oil? Sometimes when you start a diesel these black watery spots come out, but that's just because the moisture in the exhaust combines with the soot. It's actually kinda common. Is that what is happening?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill have to check it when i get home im an auto mechanic but didnt have the tools nor the time last night to check her out after i got home it was dark. im thinking the turbo blew or injection pump when nuts, and no its not water and soot coming out of the exhaust!

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Just wondering. My factory exhaust did it, cold
morning starts would leave a trail on the concrete from yhe exhaust. Worried me in the beggining, but that's normal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so turbo is feels good no slop in it. quite a bit of oil it the intake and the crankcase vent? and the knock is still there any ideas?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Does it knock at idle?

If so, take a wrench and loosen each injector line. Do it one at a time, if the knock goes away when you loosen a line, that could mean a bad injector. I'm hoping thats what it is.

If not, pull the valve covers and look at the valvetrain, anything out of the ordinary?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Yikes. Check the valvetrain first, pull the valve cover.

Other than that sounds like motor is going to need to be pulled.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts