Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum as a registered user, but I'm on many other forums for my addiction of cars. It seems that every two years I have a breakdown and need something new and interesting. This time I decided to go diesel. Well I flushed the coolant, changed the oil, oil cooler replacement, and a RCD EGR delete as well as a CTS Insight to monitor the truck.

It's a 2004 F-250 crew cab short bed. All stock no mods, 178,000 miles and I will be towing my camper (about 6,500 loaded). That is the main reason I got the truck and I'm now selling my Dakota.

So over the last five days (EGR delete and oil cooler replacement) the truck had me stressed out, mainly because of my fear of this engine, due to what I read, and my lack of knowledge about diesels in general.

I'm the second owner of the truck and for what I can see it was taken care of. I had my local dealer run an oasis but it didn't tell me anything.

Well thank you for listen to my ramble and now I'm off to post more.

Joel

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
:welcome1:

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Welcome to the ORG!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Welcome to the .org! It sounds like you have done plenty of research, but what coolant did you refill with? A coolant filter couldn't hurt, and just keep an eye on your oil/coolant temps and make sure they aren't more than 15 degrees apart.

Looks like what you've done should keep her on the road for a while.

Good luck!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the .org! It sounds like you have done plenty of research, but what coolant did you refill with? A coolant filter couldn't hurt, and just keep an eye on your oil/coolant temps and make sure they aren't more than 15 degrees apart.

Looks like what you've done should keep her on the road for a while.

Good luck!
I did a complete flush with restore and VC-9. Refilled with ELC that is cat ec-1 rated as per the information that I found. Coolant filter is in the future, this little endeavor drained me a little.

I took the truck for a 30 min highway drive tonight. started at ECT-192 and EOT-196, but climbed to 192/201 and stayed there. Not sure if it would go higher if I drove longer. Pretty sure that is fine, but it scares me with everything that I hear.

I'm gonna take her out tomorrow with the camper on teh back and see what I get.

Joel

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
:welcome1: to the ORG!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts