Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 F-350 International 6.0 Turbo, 6spd manual, 6-inch lift, cold air
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, folks!

I recently purchased my fourth truck, which is also my first diesel - an '07 F-350 Super Duty 6.0 turbo. The turbo unfortunately blew during my third month of ownership (I'm guessing the previous owner saw it coming), but I'm not sweating it. Other than that, the truck seems to be solid. Once the truck is out of the shop, I'll update my profile and maybe add some pix.

I'm trying to learn the ins and outs of the differences between gasoline and diesel engines. I'm a do-it-yourselfer, and I consider myself an intermediate level as far as mechanic stuff goes. I feel comfortable doing anything up to opening up the engine or transmission. I think if I had a beater that I didn't care about - and more time on my hands, as I have four kids - I'd try engine rebuilds. I have no intention of ever touching an automatic tranny. Manuals I might try, though. :)

I hope to learn from the folks here on the forum. Thanks for having me here.

Raphael

·
Registered
2016 F350 Lariat SuperCab RWD 6.7 PSD
59 Posts
Hello Raphael and welcome to the forum from N.E. Indiana!!! Good luck on your truck!!!

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
756 Posts
Hello there.

Welcome from North-Central Florida.

Have any pictures of your truck?

Lots of good information in the 6.0 section. The "Pinned" threads are worth your time to read through.

·
Registered
2007 F-350 International 6.0 Turbo, 6spd manual, 6-inch lift, cold air
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey - thanks for the warm welcomes!

I don't have pix yet, but I will post some soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts