Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Matt, I'm 34, and I'm currently living in West Texas (Big Bend Region for those that are familiar). I recently purchased a 2011 F150 FX4 SCREW with the 5.0. My original plan was to get a travel trailer or small 5'er and tour the country for a while with my wife. Well after I made the purchase, I realized that the payload of the F150 wasn't going to cut it, especially if we were going to live out of the rig a while. :doh:

I don't want to be underwater so I don't want to trade it in, besides my wife, and I love the truck.

So now I've been thinking about getting a 2000-07 F250 or 350. Something I can pick up fairly cheap (less than $15000, perferably less then $10k), and put some money into it. Specifically something with a 6.0, and then having it checked out and bullet proofed. From what I've seen they tend to be much cheaper, and once the mods are done, they are a very strong engine.

I'm pretty mechanical, but don't really have the tools, or a shop to do it in, but I've seen some posts of it being done outside, so I probably could do it. I think I'd rather take it somewhere, but if I ever come to that bridge, I'll cross it then.

Anyway loving the "org" so far, and I'm excited to research more. :thumb:

Thanks
Matt
AKA ICBM99

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
:ORG welcome:
Plenty of great info here for your research!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts