Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2006 f350 lariat fx4.Looking forward to learning:eek:hnoes:
I'm new to diesals but i've always liked and owened Ford trucks
I'm from Ohio and my name is Tim

·
Premium Member
2001 F350 7.3L, CrewCab, Long bed, 4x4
20,082 Posts
Glad to have you Tim - :welcome2: to the ORG!!

Keep searching the 6.0L forums for info. Don't be afraid to ask questions - Lots of good info here and helpful people too.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
welcome. best thing I can recommend it read read read!! oh and get a monitor to make sure that your truck is as healthy as you think it is. People here are extremely friendly and willing to help you with any problems you have. also, expect to become addicted to this site..... I did

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome.

I agree with the advice to get a monitor.

This is a great site and a helpful kind community of people. I didnt know how great and helpful these guys were till digging around on other forums for help on other cars and most other places there's not much help and a lot of resentment to new guys. With little patience for simple questions. But you won't find that here.
Ask all you want learn as much as possible and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Welcome to the org you have a lot of catching up to do. We are here to help.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
709 Posts
Groveport OH here, suburb of Cbus. Welcome!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Lima,Oh here. welcome! Like everyone said. READ READ READ lol all the info you ever need is on here

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome what monitor brand should i go with and after that up grade what would be next egr delete/oil cooler/blue spring or exhaust
as for as exhaust i thought 4" from down pipe back i need advide thanks.
Has anyone used Preble County Diesal for 6.0 repair and upgrades?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I have an edge cts, I like it, it is great for heads up display, but the scan guage seems to be able to give you much more info for diagnostics. Once you get a monitor, check your deltas, and go from there. Next I would suggest a coolant filter, ipr full flow coolant filter is the best on the market. I have the xdp bypass coolant filter. Next I would suggest, checking fuel pressure, and installing the blue spring update.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a scangaugeII in my truck. everyone on here will prolly say Edge CTS but its a little pricey. Recently another one is the DashBoss.

Either one will give you the info you need. The Scangauge is the cheapest. and will display alot of info but not as much as the CTS

Info on scangauge

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/257250-scan-guage-ii-s.html

DashBoss info

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/239295-dashboss-monitoring-review.html

I would do the blue spring asap. its easy and only takes about and hour or so to put it.

After that i would do a coolant filter and coolant change to an ELC coolant like CAT brand

Once your get a montior of some sort you can see what steps you need to take next.

Hope this helps

Also get some gauges ie pyro,fuel pressure,boost, trans(if an auto)

Also the scangauge you can check and clear CEL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.