Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2018 F350 6.7 litre Power Stroke King Ranch on Tuesday. Looking go get some great information on here. I traded a 2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax in for the Ford. The fuel pump had blown up and sent metal shards a slivers throughout the whole fuel system. I was without the effin Chevy for 29 days. Entire fuel system for the fuel tank to the piston rings had to be cleaned or replaced. After I saw that truck with only 6900 miles on it so torn apart I just had no more confidence in it. Thanks for having me come aboard here. :smile2:

Reactions: UR2EZ

·
california deplorable
10,704 Posts
welcome to the org
:ORG welcome:

a local guy here bought a dirtymax and it spent its first 6 months at the stealership trying to get it straightned out.
he gets to drive it every so often and it strands him someplace and gets towed back to the dealership.
he wound up getting his 06 back and he is VERY happy with it and afraid to drive the duramax :look:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Nothing compares to the Powerstroke...in my opinion. Sounds like you made the right move and will be much happier. Especially since you got away with the independent front suspension and went with a solid front axle. Makes all of the difference in the world when hooked up to a load all of the time. Hope you enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
welcome to the org
:ORG welcome:

a local guy here bought a dirtymax and it spent its first 6 months at the stealership trying to get it straightned out.
he gets to drive it every so often and it strands him someplace and gets towed back to the dealership.
he wound up getting his 06 back and he is VERY happy with it and afraid to drive the duramax :look:
After seeing how far they had to tear my 2016 Duramax down I had little confidence left in it. $8,000 plus dollars to fix. Hoping the Power Stroke is a little better.

I also needed to move from and 2500 to a 350 because of the tongue weight of the 5th wheel I am looking at.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts