Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2003 F350 4 door, soon to be 4.5 door...maybe
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, longtime lurker of the forums, I decided to start contributing. My current chariot of choice is a 2009 Econoline E350 with the 6.0 powerstroke/5r110w. Had to get the van, lots of kids. A brief history, I used to wrench for a living, i do construction now. My wife and i spent the last 2 years taking our kids all over Canada and the USA, we drove thr van it pulled our 10k camper a solid 30,000km and did great. Covid changed our plans, as it has everyone's I'm sure, we bought a 5th wheel and now the van is being parted as the motor and transmission are going to be used in an 03 f350 I'm acquiring to pull our new to us 5er (35' weighs 11k). Should be a fun build, seeing as we just went into a second state of emergency, I'll maybe have some time for that!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha ha it's been a very long time since I was part of an online forum, almost 20 years ago and it was with 240sx's and DSM's, up until that whole "stance" thing came about 🤬

·
Super Moderator
19,634 Posts
Great to have you join us @ the ORG!!
Be safe up there.

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
649 Posts
Best username I've seen thus far. Welcome!

Reactions: SuperCrutyPS

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Best username I've seen thus far. Welcome!
Ha ha ha! A fellow southpark fan? My wife hates it and kids are far too young.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there's prettymuch the only picture of my van....we were in Florida(Clermont) when our Prime Minister basically called us all home, I lost a wheel on my RV on I64 in Beckley, West Virginia. I love Beckley, we always usually stop there on our way south, so odd that the bearing decided to let go in that exact place that I know how to get around in. Guess someone had my back.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heres a face to a name, I've always had a hard time relating if I cant put a face to a name. Me, my wife and our lovely kids!

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
649 Posts
Haha yes, I read your name in Al Gore's voice.

Reactions: ManBearDad

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks man! Our most recent addition came shortly after that photo

·
Super Moderator
19,634 Posts
Thanks man! Our most recent addition came shortly after that photo
Ummm.....you may need a bigger trailer!!! :unsure: Great looking family!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lmao thank you, yes we bought a 2011 Montana Big Country 355TSL, it has a rear bunkhouse with a loft. It's an awesome trailer and is exactly what I'm building the truck for!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I met a guy at the Thousand Trails campground in Clermont, Florida. He had a CABT 4.5 door truck, really got me to thinkin....
I want to do it without stretching the frame, I'll make a build thread /video series on the whole thing.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Man maybe you shouldn't be in lock down. Otherwise you going to end up with a football team lol. Glad to have you around and see your build.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think if I tried,.... she'd kill me. Actually. But, this little bundle of joy was in fact a product of mom and dad not socially distancing, she even has a onesie that says so. Everytime I'm working on the truck I'll just remind my darling wife that I'm focusing on it instead of getting her pregnant again. Might work 🤔

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
649 Posts
Man maybe you shouldn't be in lock down. Otherwise you going to end up with a football team lol. Glad to have you around and see your build.
LOL

Interesting truck!

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Welcome, great back story, and thanks for sharing. Lots of good people and info here.

Cheers, 🍻

1 - 19 of 19 Posts